DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Whistling noise

SouthFlyer01

Reactions
Had my mavic for a few months now.. I’ve been using it all the time until it had a fault, I returned it to the shop in the UK where I bought it, an luckily got a replacement fine; I flew the new one yesterday an not sure if I’m being hyper sensitive because I had the fault before but i can hear a sort of whistling sound (above the normal prop noise) from what seems to be one/ or both of the rear motors.. can’t remember if this sound existed on my old one or not! I’m guessing it’s normal but has anyone else noticed a similar sound?

I have found that some drones whistle, and some dont. Whistling sometimes comes from the motors, and sometimes from the props. It's not indicative of any long term problem. You can try switching the rears only with the extra set that came with the Mavic, and see if it doesnt whistle. Also, you can check the motor temperatures with a temp gun and see if they are all running at approximately the same temperatures.

One final note. I have found that British drones tend to whistle Rule Brittania, while American drones tend to whistle Yankee Doodle or Dixie. Just an observation. ;)

Had my mavic for a few months now.. I’ve been using it all the time until it had a fault, I returned it to the shop in the UK where I bought it, an luckily got a replacement fine; I flew the new one yesterday an not sure if I’m being hyper sensitive because I had the fault before but i can hear a sort of whistling sound (above the normal prop noise) from what seems to be one/ or both of the rear motors.. can’t remember if this sound existed on my old one or not! I’m guessing it’s normal but has anyone else noticed a similar sound?

Sounds interesting. Did you check to see if your "fly" was up?

(Yankee Doodle)

Thanks for the reply! Yes I’ve carried on flying with no issues so guess the whistle is just added character! An yes I can faintly make out rule Britannia if I listen carefully!

Does it do it all the time or intermittently?

Could be the angle of the wind blowing over the holes on the motors like when you blow over the top of a bottle perhaps?

You don’t talk about the normal noise, the cooling fan of the electronic components causes?

My drones (M2P and MA) both start the cooling fans directly after start-up and stop them again, corresponding the outside / inside temperature.

Or do you mean in the air? There, my MA is definitely to loud to hear a whistle on top :)

Last edited:
Yeah the noise is always there.. I’ve seen some vids of other MAs flying and I think I can hear it in those also so guess it’s normal.. I will try record it tomorrow if I get out!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
murad