DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

White balance question?

Flyhigh1

Reactions
I've noticed if im flying in cloudy weather and I set the white balance to cloudy it seems pretty orange/red compared to what im actually seeing. On a sunny day I put the white balance to sunny and all looks good. So my question is what is everyone using for their white balance on cloudy days? Thanks.

Reactions: mereflyer
I typically use the Cloudy setting for cloudy days. It works well for where I am, but we usually have high thin clouds and not low thick ones.

I always take photos/videos in raw. That way you can alter the white balance in post processing to get a better effect.
I’m with Paul - white balance is a continuous adjustment that can be fine-tuned to great effect in post processing as opposed to compartmentalized by a few established values at the time of recording. While white balance may be adjusted in post processing with a non-raw image, the range of adjustment may be truncated by what was recorded initially. With a raw recording the full range is there.

Depending upon how you initially view your raw images, you may see an effect of the white balance setting at recording as that setting can influence the “preview” image embedded in the raw file, or it can influence the adjustments applied to the raw image when your software initially opens the file.

Howard

Last edited:
Reactions: mereflyer
Photos it doesnt matter as im shooting RAW.

Video i'll set it using a colour checker card then lock it to custom before takeoff.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000