DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

White water rafting from a different perspective

That was good, good activity to film, sometimes the weather is not at it’s best to film. A sunny day would have better. Good job

One typically gets better contrast on cloudy days. For example, I think one clip, begining at 00.57, was shot with the sun out, or perhaps with a brighter sky (or maybe slightly overexposed). In any event, the lack of contrast is particularly evident in the bright green trees: they look unnaturally bright to my eye, which is due in part to the lack of contrast.

To OP, some color grading on that clip and/or reducing exposure, decreasing saturation just a tad, and increasing contrast would have made the change in lighting less drastic.

Mais, a chacun a son gout, bien sure.
ed

One typically gets better contrast on cloudy days. For example, I think one clip, begining at 00.57, was shot with the sun out, or perhaps with a brighter sky (or maybe slightly overexposed). In any event, the lack of contrast is particularly evident in the bright green trees: they look unnaturally bright to my eye, which is due in part to the lack of contrast.

To OP, some color grading on that clip and/or reducing exposure, decreasing saturation just a tad, and increasing contrast would have made the change in lighting less drastic.

Mais, a chacun a son gout, bien sure.
ed
You are correct the sun did come out for about 10 minutes but I don’t think it was out for the entire clip which would’ve made it tough to Color grade grade
Thanks for watching and commenting

Reactions: Made2Phly
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sverkerh