DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Whoa! Gimbal Freaked Out!

Have you ever had gimbal freakouts before?

Yep. I was having them somewhat regularly with a 64GB card and my usual 32GBs. The 64GB card was faulty, and the issues with the 32GBs went away when I made sure to always format them in the drone before takeoff.

Yep. I was having them somewhat regularly with a 64GB card and my usual 32GBs. The 64GB card was faulty, and the issues with the 32GBs went away when I made sure to always format them in the drone before takeoff.

Thanks for the confirmation, I'm going to try flying with the stock 16GB Sandisk for a week and see if I get any mid flight gimbal reset.

I've had several gimbal freakouts for the past few weeks while using Sandisk Extreme Pro U3 A1 64GB SD card, which is formatted on the Mavic. The SD card is verified by Sandisk support as genuine and I've ran h2testw.exe full test without any errors. Could be a bug in the Mavic firmware that doesn't like exFAT for >32GB cards.

Thanks for the confirmation, I'm going to try flying with the stock 16GB Sandisk for a week and see if I get any mid flight gimbal reset.

I've had several gimbal freakouts for the past few weeks while using Sandisk Extreme Pro U3 A1 64GB SD card, which is formatted on the Mavic. The SD card is verified by Sandisk support as genuine and I've ran h2testw.exe full test without any errors. Could be a bug in the Mavic firmware that doesn't like exFAT for >32GB cards.

In all honestly, the only reason I'd use exFAT is to avoid the file cutoff at 4GB - but the Mavic forces a cut anyway.

You may as well have a 16GB or 32GB card for each battery - use one card per battery (swap battery and card at the same time, and format before takeoff again).

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ad60