DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Why are images on my screen showing red splotches?

Dopper

Reactions
I get images on my screen that are red. I'm sure it's a camera setting but I can't seem to find one that explains it. I suspect it is showing over or under exposures? Just a guess?
Doug

I get images on my screen that are red. I'm sure it's a camera setting but I can't seem to find one that explains it. I suspect it is showing over or under exposures? Just a guess?
Doug
I believe you have the "peaking threshold" turned on. It indicates the degree of proper focus. Check under camera settings, way down at the bottom of the list.
IMG_0785.PNG

Doug
I found this on Google..."The Peak Focus feature adds a kind of red static-looking effect around edges to indicate focus, the Threshold setting adjusts the point at which the effect activates. Some find the feature annoying, I find it useful as a focus reality check."

The red indicates over exposed areas of image. You can tap screen on that area and it will expose properly but the darker areas of image will then become under exposed. It’s a common challenge in shooting subjects with different lighting characteristics. I prefer to properly expose the brightest areas like the sky and post edit the darker areas ‘up’. The other thing you can do is try to compose in better light. Not always possible from the air tho

Wrong. The overexposed zoned are rendered with oblique solid bars (zebra). The red marked edges (optional) shows the focused (sharp) objects.

You are correct. Nice a friendly response tho ?. I was reading too quickly. Most aren’t shooting manual. In this case red dots would indicate areas that are IN focus. Thanks for the correction. Have a great day.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929