DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Why can’t I calibrate the IMU?

MadDogDan

Reactions
Took a break from flying for about a year. Yesterday I dusted off the Mavic Pro, charged all batteries, ran a software update and attempted to fly. I immediately got an error message that says “IMU Error, Calibrate IMU”. I set up the unit on a level stable surface outside in 60* degree weather and let it try and calibrate until the batteries were dead but no calibration. I charged up the batteries in both the drone and controller and tried again. Still no luck.

What am I doing wrong?

Reactions: old man mavic
@MadDogDan hi my friend may i ask how you are doing the calibration

Took a break from flying for about a year. Yesterday I dusted off the Mavic Pro, charged all batteries, ran a software update and attempted to fly. I immediately got an error message that says “IMU Error, Calibrate IMU”. I set up the unit on a level stable surface outside in 60* degree weather and let it try and calibrate until the batteries were dead but no calibration. I charged up the batteries in both the drone and controller and tried again. Still no luck.

What am I doing wrong?
The IMU should be callibrated inside as the slowest wind blow or other source of vibration will shake the drone and that will cancel or will result in bad callibration.
Inhouse if you have laminated floor or wooden one avoid walking around while callibrating as this may also result in bad callibration. Usually you should be able to callibrate outside in a calm weather, I was forced to do it once on inspire and the result wasn't very good in terms of stability, later I've callibrated it at home and all was good then.

...and let it try and calibrate until the batteries were dead but no calibration. I charged up the batteries in both the drone and controller and tried again. Still no luck.

What am I doing wrong?

Perhaps a dumb question ... but you know that you yourself need to move the AC to all different positions & in between let it calibrate, did you do that?

The IMU should be callibrated inside as the slowest wind blow or other source of vibration will shake the drone and that will cancel or will result in bad callibration.
Inhouse if you have laminated floor or wooden one avoid walking around while callibrating as this may also result in bad callibration. Usually you should be able to callibrate outside in a calm weather, I was forced to do it once on inspire and the result wasn't very good in terms of stability, later I've callibrated it at home and all was good then.

Thanks, that worked. Moved everything inside the house as it was kind of windy outside. Calibration took all of three minutes once I set everything up on a stable wooden table in every position it asked for. I then went outside to calibrate the compass but my house was putting out too much magnetic interference. Had to walk 50 yards down the road to get away from all interference. Everything is now properly set up but the wind has picked up to about 20mph so I will have to wait to fly again.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu