DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Why is this camera not great?

In normal conditions pretty much all cameras pretty much have the same result , great example is the comparison of expensive DSLR cameras and mobile phones like iPhone x and samsung s9 .. it is difficult to separate them .. BUT in difficult conditions such as night shots for example that is where you need a big sensitive lens ..

Am i allowed to disagree with the DSLR comparison to mobile phones ?

I still believe DLSR's are far superior than mobiles in many ways and also in resolution (Sorry DLSR purist ha ha)

I haven't really given my M2P a good run out yet, it will be interesting to see what the results are but if the images you have post are anything to by then i'm looking forward to what i can come up with

Dan

The still images show that the lens and sensor are capable of excellent results, especially in low light. If you mainly shoot stills, this seems like a worthwhile upgrade.
This newer processor chip should be at least as capable as the old one in the P4P for video. If the video quality is worse than the P4P, it has to be due to some choice by DJI in the reading or processing of the data.

I've owned and used the Inspire 1 Pro v2 for over 3 years on professional shoots and my Mavic 2 Pro is much better better solution for me. So much so that I'm selling my Inspire 1 Pro.

The 100mbps bitrate ( vs 60mbps) makes a huge difference in detail.
10bit (vs 8bit) makes a big difference too, a lot more color data to play with.

The only complaint I have is I wish the FOV on the Mavic 2 Pro was a little more narrow to match the 15mm stock lens on the X5.

I seriously can't see how everyone is complaining about the Mavic 2 Pro camera, it's a serious upgrade for me and I couldn't be happier.

As far as how the drone flies, it’s flat out excellent (the P4P is a nightmare with all it’s video/rc disconnects)
It's strange though you're having a lot of rc d/c on your p4p. I loved my p4p, totally miss it. Might end up snagging a used one, one of these days.
@Fireblade , I agree. My P4P is totally awesome. By flying with 5.8Ghz AUTO I can easily go 3mi, and 4+mi with a windsurfer, in the city. Flying on 2.4Ghz is just OK, won't go as far, couple miles safely, and you definitely have to turn off wifi on your tablet and any nearby cellphone, otherwise the device wifi will step on the video downlink 2.4Ghz video signal and you see green screens.

Reactions: Supercaliber
I'm not a 100% happy with it, close in it performs brilliantly, but for landscapes with lots of detail I think it lacks detail, and that's being mindful of focus. Can't quite put a finger on it, but will keep playing and testing.

I think a lot of the issue is people that own or owned P4 can tell the camera is not as good for video.

Bingo :) Easy to trade up, not so easy to trade down. Once you've been spoiled with a certain level of quality, it is extremely noticeable when it gets worse. This is true for so many things, not just drones.

Anyone coming from a Mavic Air or especially a Mavic Pro though will see a big step up in quality. Just don't Google P4P footage haha.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hiinthesky