DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

why the memory card?

NickHowes

Reactions
Apologies for the ignorance but i have just bought a Mavic pro and don't understand why there is a memory card when the photos and videos appear to download to my iPad which i use with the controller ? Only flown once-enthralled ! Thanks-Nick

Apologies for the ignorance but i have just bought a Mavic pro and don't understand why there is a memory card when the photos and videos appear to download to my iPad which i use with the controller ? Only flown once-enthralled ! Thanks-Nick
Usually the photos and videos stored in the cache on your device are a much lower quality than those stored on the onboard SD card.

Reactions: Ping^Spike
Usually the photos and videos stored in the cache on your device are a much lower quality than those stored on the onboard SD card.

Photos can be set to download in full res (but not RAW) but the video will ALWAYS be pretty bad quality with all transmission issues and dropouts... If anyone's OK using those then they have just wasted a lot of money on buying a Mavic because they really didn't need one..

Reactions: Akoztha
Photos can be set to download in full res (but not RAW) but the video will ALWAYS be pretty bad quality with all transmission issues and dropouts... If anyone's OK using those then they have just wasted a lot of money on buying a Mavic because they really didn't need one..
It is also possible to download full resolution videos to your device (depending on how capable it is), however, in general, what you have on your phone will be a lower quality than the SD card unless you set it up otherwise.

Because it's lower quality. Higher compression is used, so it will never look as good, even if you have it set to 1080p for transmission and recording.

Reactions: Akoztha and cocolim
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velmapeterson