DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Wide Angle stitch in Photoshop?

bmoore1118

Reactions
I have an Air 2s and regularly use the wide-angle stitched setting to capture a cool photo up close.

99% of the time, the drone processor does a great job of stitching and creating a cool image, but sometimes, I would like to stitch my own in Photoshop or Lightroom.

Each time I do this, the cool wide-angle effect you get out of the drone doesn't show up.

Wondering if someone knows how to achieve that look on a computer?

it's a horizon straightening problem. In PanoVolo use Edit/Straighten horizon and you will get an image like the one at the top (but with better resolution compared to in-drone stitching). Also, rectilinear projection may work better here since it's a 3x3 pano.

Reactions: MS Coast
it's a horizon straightening problem. In PanoVolo use Edit/Straighten horizon and you will get an image like the one at the top (but with better resolution compared to in-drone stitching). Also, rectilinear projection may work better here since it's a 3x3 pano.
Hoping to not have to pay for more software if I didnt have to. Is there a way to fix this with Adobe? I am actually surprised with the jpg received in the drone. Created a 15MB file.

Hoping to not have to pay for more software if I didnt have to. Is there a way to fix this with Adobe? I am actually surprised with the jpg received in the drone. Created a 15MB file.

There is no way to edit panorama vanishing point (which is what controls the horizon) in Adobe, sorry. And no rectilinear projection either afaik.

I have an Air 2s and regularly use the wide-angle stitched setting to capture a cool photo up close.

99% of the time, the drone processor does a great job of stitching and creating a cool image, but sometimes, I would like to stitch my own in Photoshop or Lightroom.

Each time I do this, the cool wide-angle effect you get out of the drone doesn't show up.

Wondering if someone knows how to achieve that look on a computer?
Do you have the latest version of Photoshop? This looks like a projection issue and you're given the choice, when stitching, if you want a Spherical, Cylindrical, or Perspective version of the shot. I find that Photoshop does a much better job on pan's then the built in system.

Shoot in Raw but you can use jpg.
RawThereapee and/or DarkRoom
Use Hugin (interface simple) to stitch and straighten the horizon.
You can even drag the horizon to straighten.
Move/Drag Example
1723557987371.png

1723557917796.png

You can setup Hugin with Plugins to import through DarkRoom and/or RawTherapee.

All the above software is free.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cam3n