DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 Wild Salt River Horses, AZ

DSRT_VLTR

Reactions
Hovered my Mini 2 at 15m. The horses didn't even know it was there. It's been estimated this herd has been in this area since the 1600's & they seem to be used to human presence.

Good morning to all-

The Salt river is one of my favorite "places" in the far west- from the Salt River Canyon down to where it waters Phoenix. and the wild horses- they are very calm around people- pay no attention in most cases. I've seen tubers and kayakers almost bump into the horses when they float down and clog up the river.
I wish so very much I had my drones when I was out there in 2017.

you all be safe and keep well- Ed

I didn’t know you were there either. There’s no pics/vid. ;)
You have the beginning of good shot if you can manage to edit it withPhotoshop, Lightroom, or whatever you like. It needs a leveled horizon, and it needs to have the dark shadows opened up.

Good morning to all-

The Salt river is one of my favorite "places" in the far west- from the Salt River Canyon down to where it waters Phoenix. and the wild horses- they are very calm around people- pay no attention in most cases. I've seen tubers and kayakers almost bump into the horses when they float down and clog up the river.
I wish so very much I had my drones when I was out there in 2017.

you all be safe and keep well- Ed
They are quite used to human presence. Unfortunately, it is way to common for them to be struck by cars on Bush Highway. I was in the air about 15 mins &was bringing my drone back to change batteries when a late monsoon storm rolled-in.

Another from the same flight. The dog with the Salt River Rats was barking at the horses, but was ignored.

Attachments

• salt river 1.jpg
    salt river 1.jpg
    484.4 KB · Views: 8
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kkanoz86