DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Will DJI add tracking to Mini 2?

Newbie Flyer

Reactions
I've seen some YouTube videos showing a Fimi version of the mini drone that will include tracking mode. Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts as to whether DJI will put out a software update to include this with the Mini 2. Tracking is one feature I wish the mini 2 included, and I do think that this feature gives at least one advantage to Fimi, if true. I have to believe DJI will not let Fimi cut into their incredibly popular mini territory. Thoughts?

I think it’s unlikely. They didn’t add it to the original Mavic Mini, even though that had basic tracking abilities, as demonstrated by the Quickshots. I suspect the big issue is lack of obstacle avoidance sensors.

Reactions: WilliamDaugherty
I've seen some YouTube videos showing a Fimi version of the mini drone that will include tracking mode. Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts as to whether DJI will put out a software update to include this with the Mini 2. Tracking is one feature I wish the mini 2 included, and I do think that this feature gives at least one advantage to Fimi, if true. I have to believe DJI will not let Fimi cut into their incredibly popular mini territory. Thoughts?
It should be out when the SDK is released, given time frame it should be sometime this month (SDK) or early next month. IMHO DJI could care less about a FIMI product. They are way to late to the ball game and their 250 class offering actually is over weight right out of the gate. Once the SDK is released it will take a few days and tracking will start popping up with the third party apps just as the Mavic Mini was.

Reactions: RMS001 and ckoerner
DJI probably won’t. They would prefer to force you to a more expensive drone to get that feature. There is no business reason to add it.

It should be out when the SDK is released, given time frame it should be sometime this month (SDK) or early next month. IMHO DJI could care less about a FIMI product. They are way to late to the ball game and their 250 class offering actually is over weight right out of the gate. Once the SDK is released it will take a few days and tracking will start popping up with the third party apps just as the Mavic Mini was.
"given time frame it should be sometime this month (SDK) or early next month"
I hope SOOOO much you are right on this.????

is the active track on apps like litchi any good? it’s so hard to tell on youtube despite people posting reviews and “detailed” reviews. i tried searching how it worked on the mavic mini and i just really couldn’t tell

is the active track on apps like litchi any good? it’s so hard to tell on youtube despite people posting reviews and “detailed” reviews. i tried searching how it worked on the mavic mini and i just really couldn’t tell
Have you viewed this one or this one?

It is. Unfortunately litchi is not available yet to the MM2.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121