DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Will the new built-in screen controller that is shipping with the Mini 3 (DJ RC) be available for/with the Air 2S at some point?

WildcatDave

Reactions
Looking to upgrade from my Air 2 to the better camera on the 2S. And I would really like to get away from tethering an old phone or tablet. But I don't want to spend the big chunk of change for the new RC Pro. So I was wondering if that new controller with built in screen (DJI RC) that is shipping with the Mini 3 Pro may also be offered in a package with the Air 2S at some point?

The answer?
No one outside of DJI knows right now.
If history is a clue, probably.
Just like the RC Pro was able to be used by the Mavic 3 and the Air 2S after a few months that is my guess for the RC Pro and the Mini 3, etc.

Reactions: Dave-in-Elland
Air 2 uses old OcuSync 2.
So unlikely that newer remotes will be made compatible with it.

Air 2S and Mini 3 both use same OcuSync 3 and it shouldn't be that big job to add support for Air 2S into remote.
Being an Air 2S section I would assume that's what he meant. However...

The Air 2, Air 2S, Mini 2, Mini 3, AND the Mavic 3 can all use the same RC-N1 controller. You won't see it on the Mini 3 spec page, but on the Mavic 3 specs ( Mavic 3 - Specs - DJI ) you'll see under RC-N1 that a single controller does Ocusync 2, 3, and 3+, and the firmware changes to match the aircraft. So it's plausible that at the very least the newer RC with the screen can work for the Air 2S, and might even be made available for the Mini 2, assuming it uses the same internal transmission hardware as the RC-N1.

I just purchased a DJI smart controller on Ebay to use with my Air 2s and what a difference it is. The convenience of not using the phone or mounting bracket with a tablet is much better. I wish the DJI RC would have worked it could have saved me $200.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121