DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Wireless device calibration

Jeffro15

Reactions
I've been having an issue where the relative position indicator on my MA2 controller is red, not working, and showing a rectangular shape with a slash through it. Touching the indicator brings up a "wireless device not calibrated" message. Anybody know what that's all about and what to do about it?
Thanks,
Jeff

I think it has to do with the compass on the device (phone).

Either it needs calibrated or the device doesn't have a compass built in.

I fly with a WiFi only mini4 that has a compass (no GPS) and I noticed sometimes the direction of the indicator is opposite of the MA2. I opened and closed the Apple map app and it seemed to reset the indicator.

I was glad to read somebody with a mini 5 had the same indicator problem.
Maybe a bug in the software?

It doesn't bother me too much because I tend to stick with VLOS flights and I know where the MA2 is at.

It means the phone is not providing GPS or compass info to the app. Make sure that the settings of the phone allow the app to read the location information from the phone. If the phone is stationary for a certain period of time, the compass will be turned off. Move the phone a bit will turn it back on.

I use an LG ThinQ for my interface. I only use with my MA2 controller, it doesn't even have a SIM card installed. I've been powering up on the way to where I'm going to fly with Google maps, but is not consistent when flying. Any other ideas?

Can you explain what the “Apple Map” is?

Can you explain what the “Apple Map” is?

The stock map on the mini4.

I would minimize the Go4 or Go Fly app, open up the map, close it and it seemed to reset the compass of the mini4.

Reactions: AMRE2ME2
I use Android, but I'll try the Android version of that.

Careful! RTH uses the AC compass, and that icon is the only thing telling you the compass is working - both on your phone and the drone.

Dom

• Haha
Reactions: Ex Coelis
Careful! RTH uses the AC compass, and that icon is the only thing telling you the compass is working - both on your phone and the drone.

Dom

The aircraft shows correctly on the Go fly map so the compass on the aircraft is correct but the direction indicator was not correct in the app due to a device compass error.

When you rotate yourself the icon should rotate with you.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143