DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Won't save to SD Card

icecoldgin

Reactions
I just noticed this problem today.

I set the Fly App to save all data (photos, videos, hyperlapses, etc) to the SD Card.

After I flew this afternoon, I removed the SD Card and when I connected it to the computer, only the pictures were saved. I was wondering what happened to the videos.

I then placed the SD card back on the MA2, powered it on, turned on the Fly App and went to my albums. The videos were there.

I then downloaded them to my phone (Samsung A51). While still connected to the drone and Fly App, I checked my phone's photo album and all the photos (I had some remaining ones) and videos were all downloaded.

I thought that it was all okay already and the phone already had all the photos and videos. I then went back to the Fly App album and deleted it all. BIG MISTAKE, it turns out to be. When I checked my phone's photo album, the videos and photos were also gone.

Now I am wondering:

1. After I download all the photos and videos to the phone, should I have should disconnected the phone first before clearing the album in the Fly App?

2. Why can't I save the photos and videso directly to the SD card? I used to be able to do this until. I already placed the Fly App setting to "save data to SD card." What am I doing wrong?

? :(

With all due respect to your described procedures for transferring your media files, for safety’s sake, why are you not making an archival transfer to your laptop’s hard drive? Your logistics beg for failure for having way too much confidence in your understanding of your phone’s file structure. Simply put, you used the wrong tool for the job. If you were in the commercial world where your media files were your meal ticket, you would revise your methods to ensure you have all of your files in a verifiable location before deleting anything. Sorry about your losses.

I have the same problem. Don't know how to change the settings in controller to save to SD card for Mavick2 zoom with controller running Pilot app.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929