DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Working with color grading v2.0 (the next level)

Oyibo VFX

Reactions
Hey guys

I know this has been discussed many times before but I want to take it to the next level.

Color Grading

I am editing at the moment my August Progress video from my project and due the fact that we are at the end of the raining season, I noticed that the color values changed too much to even look the slightest professional.
And although all was shot in standard color (not in D-Log which doesn't help here) and WB set at cloudy (except my last footage where I used and ND16 filter and set WB to sunny) it looked awful.
So, I loaded on almost all scenes Color Finale Pro and start normalising the colours so the cranes from Julius Berger Nigeria have the same colour blue at the beginning of August after some rain as yesterday in the sun.
It makes it more difficult if you do an orbit with low sun. As we all know (at least the people that do proper color grading), the Color Board in FCPX doesn't allow you to use Keyframes (maybe in the new version that will come with OS High Sierra), there is a way in Color Finale to bypass this issue.
I hope to have my Progress Video finished next week and then I'm trying to make a tutorial how to do this without breaking your neck.
I think we all except the fact that we are amateurs but when I'm home, I will make some footage of a park close to my house with my Inspire 2. I will use the standard settings because my plan is to make a Fly over... video over the same park in 4 different seasons (summer, autumn, winter and spring). But that is a good sample how to change the colours to match the seasons (I use a colour board for that but there is also a white farm where you can at least balance your WB the same level).
So, continue editing on my video and when done, I'll post it on JoeTjoep and lets take it from there.

To be continued (and if any questions in this very interesting subject, drop me a line)

Schermafbeelding 2017-08-21 om 14.46.08 (2).png

My workflow in Color Finale

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suilven