DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Wounded Bird

Allen Smith

Reactions
I bumped into an obstacle while flying at dusk. The bump caused the right front arm to fold back enough to interfere with the right rear propeller, thus damaging the right landing foot just under the LED. (pic). The LED works and all appears ok but it looks like I sliced through something white on the inside. Any thoughts on using my care refresh plan to get another bird vs. letting it be. ??
IMG_2166.jpg

Definitely use care refresh,might have damage antenna.My Mavic had an injury to front leg not as bad as yours,I used care refresh & got a new one.

Hey Thanks....I'm going to hate parting with it but good advice taken.

They apparently have some "express" service where they don't evaluate the damage but just ship a replacement??

That's what I went for,as soon as they receive the damaged one,they send out a replacement without even assessing the damage.
I live in the UK & had to ship it to the Netherlands,it took 7 days from shipping mine to receiving a new one.

Reactions: Bobvt and ff22
They apparently have some "express" service where they don't evaluate the damage but just ship a replacement??

Well...I got to the express option and the directions were all in Chinese and they wanted me to sign up for WeChat and then use some kind of bar code. I got stuck there so I'm just sending it back the normal repair rout.

That's what I went for,as soon as they receive the damaged one,they send out a replacement without even assessing the damage.
I live in the UK & had to ship it to the Netherlands,it took 7 days from shipping mine to receiving a new one.

Did you use express option? How much more did it cost?
Or was it normal procedure under DJi Care?
Oh and btw did DJI paid compensation for shipping afterwards?

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GillesdeColombes