DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Wrong Date on Photos in SD card. - Macvic 3 Classic

Check this discussion on DJI forum

Last edited:
Reactions: wjkrysak
Getting wrong date placed on SD Card photos. When using Mavic 3 with controller
The usual reason for this is that you are using a controller with built-in screen and it's been out of internet access for a while.
Change of month for February probably caught it out.
With internet access, the controller would update its data and time.

Moved your Thread to the correct location.

I had something similar. Air 3 with RC controller with built-in screen.
I had to connect my controller to the internet (wifi hotspot on my phone) in order to get a dji unlock code because I was in a dji geofensed area. I had already received my LAANC approval, using my phone.
The first two images and first three MP4s were correctly timestamped on 3/9/2024, but the rest of the images and MP4s I took that day were timestamped as 3/10/2024 (one day in the future).
Between the images timestamped on 3/9/2024 and the ones timestamped on 3/10/2024 I did land (on the North side of the building), powered off the drone and controller, walked to the other side of the building (the South side) that I was filming, powered on the controller, then the drone, and continued filming. I didn't try going back to the North side of the building to see if there was some kind of time/date vortex in that building that caused me to travel one day into the future by going from the North side of the building to the South side of the building. And no, I was not filming at Area 51.

• Haha
Reactions: davidarmenb
This smells it could be local time issue to me. The exFAT file system used on most SD cards has optional support for UTC, where the actual date/time recorded can be accompanied by a flag in the file metadata indicates what time zone that time was recorded in. I wonder if some sort of firmware update may have reset the recorded time zone time to China Standard Time, which is one day ahead?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman