DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

xfer from iPad to iPhone possible?

hedbonker

Reactions
Is it possible to transfer a waypoint mission from an iPad to an iPhone? I use an RC-N2 with an iPhone and I have an iPad that I would like to layout waypoint missions on and then xfer to the iPhone.

Thanks!

It would appear that you can. In files under the DJI Fly app on the iPad is a folder called wayline_mission. I shared that to my mac and it come over as a zip file so I unzipped it and got the folder back. Then I plugged the iPhone into my mac and opened the files section of the iPhone pane. Then I copied the wayline_mission folder into the DJI Fly folder on the phone and indeed the mission I setup on the iPad was now usable on the iPhone.

I have more testing to do but so far so good. If you do try this bear in mind that there is a db file associated so while I can copy the missions en-masse to the phone I am unable (so far) to just add one to the existing list of missions already saved on the iPhone. In the past DJI has used the open source SQL Lite database so I may be able to manipulate the DB file with the SQLLite tools. I will post my progress back here in case this is of use to anyone else.

Last edited:
OK they are indeed using SQLLite. You can get a free browser for it here:

Use that to open the wpmz.sqlite3 in the mission DB folder. Then click on browse data. Using that tool you can insert a new row for a mission you want to add. Very slick! Now I can create missions on the iPad and transfer them to the phone and have it add to the collection of missions I already have stored on the phone by updating the DB and adding the new mission.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mare Ru