DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Yellow flashing tail light

necroscope

Reactions
Hi guys,

Maybe i am looking for problems where none exist, but i wonder if someone can help?

Finally managed to get a flight in over the weekend. The weather was great and i was a little nervous as i hadn't flown in ages.

All was going well and i received no warning messages, but i did note on two occasions that when i was flying back to my takeoff point, that when i turned to scrub speed off and face nose out, that my mavic's tail light was flashing 3 yellow lights (fast).

As soon as i was in a solid hover, the lights returned to the standard fast green (i was in sports mode).

As far as i can ascertain three yellows means lose of signal, but my flight log doesn't show this, or any other problems.

Any ideas what it might have been?

Mine has done the same thing. I notice it almost every time I am descending at full speed with full forward motion. As soon as I nose up to reduce speed it goes into a yellow flash but then returns to green when I level off and hover. Never get an error message so I don't worry about it.

Reactions: RadioFlyerMan
Thanks, i have seen this, as per my original post. Any idea why no error was recorded in the flight log?

Honestly, I have no idea. I don't even know if what I posted above is why yours was giving the yellow indicator. I just knew I had seen it in the manual before, so I thought I would put it up for you.

You did say you were in sports mode. I know the sensors turn off when in sport mode so I thought it was possible the yellow flashed just to indicate no forward or downward vision.

I am reasonably new with the Mavic (DJI in general) and haven't so much as looked at a flight log yet. Is it possible it doesn't log these warnings? Especially if it was just because of sports mode? would it indicate that in the flight log?

Just thinking "out loud". I am learning just as you are LOL.

I found a few open ended posts regarding this yellow tail light.

It's a strange thing, but seems to be nothing to worry about.............i hope.

Thanks guys.

My Mavic Platinum has a solid red at the tail. It’ll start flashing green then after about a minute of flight will go to solid red. I’m also getting downward sensor error and gimbal error. Calibrated both gimbal and sensors on the DJI website.
On the list of descriptions on tail light colors, “critical error” is listed for a solid red tail.
Any suggestions would help.
Thank you
Chris

My Mavic Platinum has a solid red at the tail. It’ll start flashing green then after about a minute of flight will go to solid red. I’m also getting downward sensor error and gimbal error. Calibrated both gimbal and sensors on the DJI website.
On the list of descriptions on tail light colors, “critical error” is listed for a solid red tail.
Any suggestions would help.
Thank you
Chris
It apparently needs professional service.

I think the problem is that the bottom sensors aren’t working properly and it is just warning you
But no idea on the gimbal, just try to make sure that it is in the mount properly

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman