DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Zoom Photos

WARRIK

Reactions
Hi I am new to this forum...I have a new Zoom and when I try to take still photos I get a 4-6 second video...Is this me or a setting or just how it is? Thanks to anyone who responds

Welcome to the forum?

I could be wrong but have you got, set to video record instead of taking
photos?

You have a photo/video toggle icon (number 11) on the below screen grab. Press that for video/photo record?

8CBC8FF9-1EB6-4DFA-885E-A47DFD7E0BF2.jpeg

Reactions: Thomas B
Welcome to the forum?

photos?

You have a photo/video toggle icon (number 11) on the below screen grab. Press that for video/photo record?

View attachment 74081
I do wish they'd have some better way to distinguish which is active: Photo or Video.

I do wish they'd have some better way to distinguish which is active: Photo or Video.

You need a spotter with you that keeps reminding you what mode you’re in? my wife’s brilliant at that...???

The first thing she says, “have you got everything set up correctly”.............

But it works?

I will have to check the mode this weekend...Thanks for the help...My wife's version of help is "stay away from the house" and "stop pestering the dogs with that thing"

Reactions: ff22
Welcome to the forum?

photos?

View attachment 74081
Icon #12 shows WHITE for still photo and RED for video.
Also when in video mode a small clock showing video time appears just under the #12 button.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Icon #12 shows WHITE for still photo and RED for video.
Also when in video mode a small clock showing video time appears just under the #12 button.

It doesn’t on mine, icon #12 is a solid orange colour but icon #11 toggle switch shows me what mode I’m in?

Below photo, icon 11 = photo mode

C1956D81-F63E-49AB-BB2F-AAEF7513742C.jpeg

Below photo, icon 11= video mode.

911C2EFC-8051-4D85-9E4F-55A596423A41.jpeg

I know the shoot/record button looks yellow in both photo, but it is orange?

It might make a difference what operating system you’re using, mines android on a CS monitor?

Reactions: Thomas B
As I said earlier mine changes WHITE (Stills) to RED (video. When it is filming video the red area reduces in size to a smaller area surround by white. I am using CRYSTALSKY monitors. Same colours for the 5" or 7" monitor.

As I said earlier mine changes WHITE (Stills) to RED (video. When it is filming video the red area reduces in size to a smaller area surround by white. I am using CRYSTALSKY monitors. Same colours for the 5" or 7" monitor.

Mines definitely different to yours in video mode, record button still orange but changes to a square, timer underneath.In photo mode, button is orange.

F91CF2E7-2037-423C-97E8-B08A1D1BC1B9.jpeg

Anyway, what I posted in post #2 is something the op should look out for. That hopefully will sort his problem out while taking photos.

Last edited:
Hopefully it should work, just press the toggle switch from video to photos.

Another good way to learn and practice with the Go4 app is,

Take the probs off, important and remove gimbal clamp
Turn everything on as you would when outside flying
Then you can play with the Go4 app in the comfort of your home. This will get you familiarised with the app?

It doesn’t on mine, icon #12 is a solid orange colour but icon #11 toggle switch shows me what mode I’m in?

Below photo, icon 11 = photo mode

View attachment 74118

Below photo, icon 11= video mode.

View attachment 74119

I know the shoot/record button looks yellow in both photo, but it is orange?

It might make a difference what operating system you’re using, mines android on a CS monitor?
MY, ME, MINE, etc, problem with icon 11 is that I can't tell if it means SWITCH to the mode shown. Or it IS in the mode shown. Possibly dyslexic regarding this issue. Once I'm videoing, then I see the CLOCK and I know I'm videoing! (g)

MY, ME, MINE, etc, problem with icon 11 is that I can't tell if it means SWITCH to the mode shown. Or it IS in the mode shown. Possibly dyslexic regarding this issue. Once I'm videoing, then I see the CLOCK and I know I'm videoing! (g)
It shows the mode you are in.

Reactions: ff22 and Porky
Well turns out on mine (i-phone 10r) it's white for photos and red for video...got some shots this am before the storms roll in...worked as advertised...thanks again to all who helped...this is a great forum!!

Reactions: Porky and ff22
Well turns out on mine (i-phone 10r) it's white for photos and red for video...got some shots this am before the storms roll in...worked as advertised...thanks again to all who helped...this is a great forum!!

Glad it’s now working for you, regardless of the colours?? now go and enjoy? Remember to share some of your photos with us?

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
engmarceloacs