DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Computer too slow for video editing.

SkyInsight

Reactions
Hey. Since my computer is too slow for any top notch editing software, is there any cloud editing software for 4k video editing? What do you guys use if any?

My older Galaxy Tab S2 will not process the 4k videos in the DJI Editor so I went to YouTube looking for video software suggestions to run on my desktop computer; but alas, it's too slow also. Perhaps the suggestions on YouTube might work for you. Many of the videos show comparisons between free and commercial software.

Good Luck.

hardware.png

2 Things:
Thing 1: DeVinci Resolve is free video editing software, is very good but has a learning curve.
Thing 2: You can convert your video to a proxy in the editing software to do your editing and then convert it back to original before you export. The proxy gives you a smaller file to work with during editing and works well on older computers.

Reactions: GrayHornet
I started out with Davinci Resolve 17 using the free version. While it has a learning curve, what bogged me down was it used a lot of RAM resources which slowed my editing down a lot. I switched to Premiere Pro which made a huge difference in RAM resources. You can allocate RAM resources in the Preferences section so it works on older laptops/tablets. I am using a 3 year old Surface Pro 6 and have no issues with Premiere Pro.

Hey. Since my computer is too slow for any top notch editing software, is there any cloud editing software for 4k video editing? What do you guys use if any?
The "cloud" won't really help if your PC isn't up to the task. I have an old Windows 7 PC, so I throttle back to HD resolution for things that require editing (which also helps with disk space). The truth is you can't really tell the difference unless you project it on a wall (or blow it up).

I had to buy a new computer because my old laptop was hopeless for video editing. I use Wondershare Filmora 11 on a Windows 10 PC.

"Easy to learn" was an absolute must for me (no previous video editing experience), and Filmora met that need perfectly.

MM

It's difficult to carry 10 gallons of water in an 8oz cup. Sometimes you really do just need more/better hardware. A used Mac Mini or iMac can be a great value option for Davinci Resolve or other NLE's. Or if you want a lot better performance and longer term investment then get a M1 based Mini or iMac.

Reactions: SkyInsight

Until you buy a faster computer edit in proxy
The new Mac Book Pro with its amazingly fast M1 chip will do the job
Dale
Miami

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zenbookwriting