DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Loading pictures from Mini4 into computer

MARK (LI)

Reactions
When I load the sd card into my pictures on my computer, I wind up with 2 copies of the pictures / videos....one of them I can click on and actually see the images....the other one just shows a bunch of code if I click on it......does everyone get this?...Or is there a way to stop it?...Thank you for any help

• Wow
Reactions: 4006448
When I load the sd card into my pictures on my computer, I wind up with 2 copies of the pictures / videos....one of them I can click on and actually see the images....the other one just shows a bunch of code if I click on it......does everyone get this?...Or is there a way to stop it?...Thank you for any help
Sounds like you have the option for subtitles to be turned on, these are called SRT files if you look at them with your computer set to show file extensions.
Ive just taken a look at the sd card on my new mini 4 pro and it has 3 files shown below

Video file
SRT file subtitles that show GPS etc
LRF is low resolution file, thats the same as the video file but in a lower format for easy viewing on the controller

I didnt know SRT was enabled by default so that will be switched off, i think to turn off LRF you need to turn off video caching in the app, pretty sure someone will correct me if im wrong

Attachments

• mini 4.jpg
    mini 4.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: MARK (LI)

Enable the option on your computer to show file extensions. That will help you differentiate between files having the same names.

The .SRT and .LRF files are created only for video files, not still photos. Are you seeing multiple files with the same base name for still photos?

Enable the option on your computer to show file extensions. That will help you differentiate between files having the same names.

The .SRT and .LRF files are created only for video files, not still photos. Are you seeing multiple files with the same base name for still photos?
I have to double check that...can't find references to those files in the controller, though...I hit the 3 dots, went ot camera, but don't see them

I think srt/lrf issue is most like as mentioned. I leave that turned on by default as occasionally I may want to view that data in one of programs that allows that like Telemetry Overlay. I delete them at some point when I know I don't care but if your drone goes down (and can be recovered) you have a bunch more information to view...

In the DJI Fly app there is a setting to enable. I can't recall the exact name. When you enable that setting you will have both srt and lrf files included on your sd card.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scout Aerial