DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying abroad - primarily within the EU

QuestionTime

Reactions
Hi All - looking at possibly taking my drone abroad with me to a number of different countries within the EU over the coming months (so far looking at Greece, Spain, Portugal, Canary/Balearic Islands etc).

It's not clear/easy to understand what is required within certain countries in terms of licensing/insurance etc and where to register for that licensing. Does MavicPilots or any other website have a 'cheat sheet' available that clearly explains what you require and where to apply?

If it helps at all, I only plan to fly drones < 250g (e.g Mini 4 Pro).

I did have a look around the forum but my searches probably weren't good enough and wasn't able to find a similar topic.. Apologies if there is one similar!

Thanks!

I suggest fine-tuning your search for the Country/Cities in which you plan to fly.

Reactions: sarahb
You will need an operator ID as the owner and a pilot ID as the flyer. You will want the A1/A3 certificate, A2 requires a hands-on flight test. My Ids are through the Netherlands. UK has their own system that is the same but you need it from them as they left the EU.

In addition to the 28-member states, Iceland, Switzerland, Lichtenstein, and Norway have also adopted the EASA regulations.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drsmurph