DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Newest firmware 01.00.1300 for Air 3 and 02.02.0000 for RC2

Dusty DJI

Reactions
Just curious to know if anyone has had issues with this update?
I am selling my Air 3 and have had local people ask me about the newest firmware that I havent updated to yet. I heard there were issues but don't know what they are?
Also the newest firmware for the rc2 controller 02.02.0000

Have not heard about the issues, but usually if there is a systemic issue there will be lots of youtube content about it. I will check it out later tonight.

I hate when selling drones the buyer becomes fixated on the firmware. I just sell my old ones as is, and figure the right buyer will take it and know how to work with it.

Reactions: bonzo
Have not heard about the issues, but usually if there is a systemic issue there will be lots of youtube content about it. I will check it out later tonight.

I hate when selling drones the buyer becomes fixated on the firmware. I just sell my old ones as is, and figure the right buyer will take it and know how to work with it.
Yeah, but for honesty sake, I did mention that I hadn't updated the firmware. They really aren't interested... just curious I think.
I think there was an issue of a lag booting up, drone getting hot, and battery life not as good. but this update might be after that one. I haven't flown my drone for a couple months. Just wanted to make sure.

Yeah, but for honesty sake, I did mention that I hadn't updated the firmware. They really aren't interested... just curious I think.
I think there was an issue of a lag booting up, drone getting hot, and battery life not as good. but this update might be after that one. I haven't flown my drone for a couple months. Just wanted to make sure.
In addition to the above, users have been complaining that the transmission range has been reduced. I haven't updated to the current version.

Last edited:
Reactions: bonzo
Exactly! They can keep it as is, or update the FW at their own risk. Their choice. Not your problem! It's more valuable unupdated than updated! When buying a used drone, I only want the one that has not been updated, preferably on the original still hackable FW, before DJI patched the vulnerabilities and locked everything down!

Reactions: TonyPHX
I updated. Observations: longer boot up on RC2 but not by much. No over heating issue; lag time non-issue, but range shortened...that's a bummer.

I updated. Observations: longer boot up on RC2 but not by much. No over heating issue; lag time non-issue, but range shortened...that's a bummer.
what percent IYO is is shortened? I haven't updated mine yet but i guess will since just got an Avata 2 and the goggle 3 on will work with the air3 with the update.

what percent IYO is is shortened? I haven't updated mine yet but i guess will since just got an Avata 2 and the goggle 3 on will work with the air3 with the update.
I have a practice loop I fly frequently to keep skill level up. I noticed after update that I lose signal range (orange) sooner over the same flight path that normally would be full strength. It maybe kp or other interference. I'll need to fly more with the update to see. My guess 10+% short.

Thanks guys. Not that I am going to update the firmware, I just wanted to know a good reason not to, in case someone asks me about it. Not that I expect this to sell here, or on craigslist, but I may end up going on eBay just to get out of it.

Thanks guys. Not that I am going to update the firmware, I just wanted to know a good reason not to, in case someone asks me about it. Not that I expect this to sell here, or on craigslist, but I may end up going on eBay just to get out of it.
If anyone asks, just tell them you wanted to give the buyer the choice. New drones are also not updated after the date of manufacture. It's always left up to the purchaser to decide if they want to update.

Just curious to know if anyone has had issues with this update?
I am selling my Air 3 and have had local people ask me about the newest firmware that I havent updated to yet. I heard there were issues but don't know what they are?
Also the newest firmware for the rc2 controller 02.02.0000
Yes, I updated my Air 3 without any issue flying afterwards. YouTube Video here:

Hello,

What does your practice loop consist of? I'm feeling a need to do the same thing.

I'm also in Cincinnati, in the far east of Anderson.
Just up/down street; circles at different diameters in different C/N/S modes; target landings on 12" x 12" concrete pads and on top of pad/pole.

Reactions: Neal W
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jroy329