DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2s 🎶It’s a beautiful day in the neighborhood 🎶😄Practice, practice, practice!

What a great place to fly - lots of wide open spaces.

You've reminded me that I should get out and do some figure eights with banked coordinated turns. Good practice.

Reactions: kalimah
What a great place to fly - lots of wide open spaces.

You've reminded me that I should get out and do some figure eights with banked coordinated turns. Good practice.
That’s just what I’ve been doing. There aren’t that many “wide open spaces” here in the city, but I’m constantly on the search.

🎶It’s a beautiful day in the neighborhood🎶😄
I went out to practice yesterday in the public park in Miami where I have been going for years, and a park attendant came over and told me not to fly. I was flying a Mini 2 , practicing circles at about 50 feet and there was not a single person around! I did not argue. Just brought the drone down and left. There is one more park near me that I still think I can practice at. It is really getting awful out there.

Dale
Miami

I went out to practice yesterday in the public park in Miami where I have been going for years, and a park attendant came over and told me not to fly. I was flying a Mini 2 , practicing circles at about 50 feet and there was not a single person around! I did not argue. Just brought the drone down and left. There is one more park near me that I still think I can practice at. It is really getting awful out there.

Dale
Miami
That’s unfortunate. I never argue either, but will question someone telling me not to fly. So far, showing a screenshot of the “rules, permissions, etc.” for the area has been sufficient. Was flying regularly at a public airfield now managed by a CBO of RC flyers through an agreement with the city. Now, AMA membership is required to fly there, so I got a membership because it is an awesome spot for practice.

Reactions: fheineman
Looks great

Glad you are enjoying your Air 2S. A couple of mnths ago I trashed my Mav Pro after neglecting to lock down one of the props (sob). But it allowed me to evolve and also get an Air 2S. While I loved the MP, the Air 2S seems superior in so many ways. Thanks for sharing. Like someone else mentioned, it's easy to get addicted to flying these technical wonders.
Bye from SoCal.

Craig in OC

That’s unfortunate. I never argue either, but will question someone telling me not to fly. So far, showing a screenshot of the “rules, permissions, etc.” for the area has been sufficient. Was flying regularly at a public airfield now managed by a CBO of RC flyers through an agreement with the city. Now, AMA membership is required to fly there, so I got a membership because it is an awesome spot for practice.
I just was not in a fighting mood. I could have challenged the park worker with my Trust card, and I had no regulations printed up in my bag for local laws, and since he obviously knows nothing about public spaces, and there were no signs disallowing drones anyway. I was very near my house, so I just thought to myself," XXX it." and said ok and left.

Glad you are enjoying your Air 2S. A couple of mnths ago I trashed my Mav Pro after neglecting to lock down one of the props (sob). But it allowed me to evolve and also get an Air 2S. While I loved the MP, the Air 2S seems superior in so many ways. Thanks for sharing. Like someone else mentioned, it's easy to get addicted to flying these technical wonders.
Bye from SoCal.

Craig in OC
You’re welcome, and yes flying is so addictive. In the words of the borg “resistance is futile.”😄 Take care, fly safe and have fun!

I just was not in a fighting mood. I could have challenged the park worker with my Trust card, and I had no regulations printed up in my bag for local laws, and since he obviously knows nothing about public spaces, and there were no signs disallowing drones anyway. I was very near my house, so I just thought to myself," XXX it." and said ok and left.
I think it’s always worth a few polite questions to gage the attendant’s actual knowledge of any restrictions. I had a park ranger at a BLM that allowed drones with the caveat that you are respectful to other visitors and wildlife, approach me. Said the rules have changed. I think the Ranger was misinformed, or someone complained and she didn’t know any better (we were at an unpopulated area near the exit where I’ve practiced many times). Here is an article I believe was referring to my post I made here at the time. Mentions the websight still indicates it’s allowed.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1