DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

### 1 Utility tool for your Mavic 3

Phantomrain.org

Approved Vendor
Reactions
The Mavic 3 Rescue Jacket is bar none the best Utility tool you can get for your Mavic 3 its just a Swiss Knife , an EDC for your drone.

One of the things I rave about is how well I can manuver my drone with the Rescue Jacket , whipping it around , thru trees, towers, bridges , because of the Design of the drone an how level I can see it while its flying.

To get a better idea try flying like this close to the ground and watch how disoriented you get very quickly. Same thing happens to me where I am not confident to judge the distance or the angle but with the Rescue Jacket eveything changes. I can see the angle , the Distance ,and the line of attack.

You can use the Resue Jacket : On the Water, in the sand, mud and snow. You can use it hand catch on a Jet Ski, Kayak or a boat. just amazing how many ways it can be used.
I talk about how you can see it up to 3000 ft away and how powerful that is to the pilot.

Now with the use of the side cameras on the Mavic 3 , were at a whole new level of using the Rescue Jacket to take full advantage on the Water, especially seeing Waves on the Water.

The Rescue Jacket sits incredibly low in the Water fully taking advantage of its low center of Gravity to not flip over giving you a lot of time to hang out , wating for the ORCA moment to spring up and Capture the Event.

The other Way I use it to simply Protect the Drone , I can place the Rescue Jacket an any angle , on the boat, motorcycle , rocks, I can hand it off easy , tuck it under my arm .

The Forum Members can get the Rain and Rescue Package so you get geared up with the Wet Suit and the Rescue Jacket : thats $60 off the Retail Package.
Email me at [email protected] let me know you want the Mavic 3 Rain and Rescue Package and I will send you out an invoice.

2022-01-17_16h13_32.png2022-02-01_14h38_19.png

2021-12-23_21h11_33.png

2021-12-16_19h43_01.png

Lunar Purple and Neon blue almost glow at dusk

2023-01-21_20h55_28.png

iScreen Shoter - 20230929190133302.jpg

View attachment DSC00914.JPG

If you have the Mavic 3 or Mavic 3 Classic Or Mavic 3 Pro that Drone is here to Stay , there is no Replacement coming anytime soon, and the Next Mavic 4 is likely to be a dud like the Mini 4 in my Opinon >. So my advice lets have a blast with the Mavic 3 Series .

Gear to fly in the Rain.
Land on the Water

Phantomrain.org

You can watch the full videos on Vimeo under Full Version Video.
These are some highlights.

Last edited:
Reactions: TonyPHX
Do the jackets for the Minis sell well or people want to keep those aircrafts at 250 grams or more so there's less interest?

Very interesting! I need to think about it. The idea looks amazing. I need to get over my fear of landing on water when I know I would not be able to get out there to it. : )

Any plans on making something like the rescue jacket for mini 3 pro or mini 4 pro?

@TonyPHX

The very fact that the Mini 3 Pro does not have an internal fan nor does the Mini 4 was my deciding factor in not making a Rescue Jacket for those drones.

Part of this is because when and if the Mini 3 Pro were to over heat , it was programmed to force land which would be a huge problem after landing on the Water.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water.

Reactions: TonyPHX
@TonyPHX

The very fact that the Mini 3 Pro does not have an internal fan nor does the Mini 4 was my deciding factor in not making a Rescue Jacket for those drones.

Part of this is because when and if the Mini 3 Pro were to over heat , it was programmed to force land which would be a huge problem after landing on the Water.

Phantomrain.org
That makes total sense! I did not think about it, but glad you have!!

Could I bother you to see a picture of the rescue jacket on the Mavic 3 from the bottom of the drone? I just want to see how it fits around the bottom part.

That makes total sense! I did not think about it, but glad you have!!

Could I bother you to see a picture of the rescue jacket on the Mavic 3 from the bottom of the drone? I just want to see how it fits around the bottom part.

I will post some soon for you.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.

Some Perspective : Very stream line . as we use the same style Rescue Jacket for the AIr 2 .

Screenshot 09-26-2020 13.05.36.jpg

Screenshot 09-26-2020 14.21.14.jpg

Do the jackets for the Minis sell well or people want to keep those aircrafts at 250 grams or more so there's less interest?
No , the Mini 2 Rescue Jackets did very well , keeping the weight down below 250.

1705118597202.png

CleanShot 2024-01-12 at 22.39.40@2x.jpg

Last edited:
Interesting and thanks for the reply. Given the length and width of each layer of foam, x 3, plus the blocks, and the lengths of Velcro, my guess was that the weight isn’t negligible.

That is not worth your time to try and calculate. There is no way that small added bit of neoprene causes any measurable impact.

Whoa. That's a bit like saying that there's no need to do a weight and balance check on an airplane before asking for permission to taxi to the active runway. The four plus-sized fellows who put a Cherokee 140 into the pine trees on takeoff here a few years ago learned that the hard way.

It's even more worth your time to look at the numbers when you're doing something the aircraft wasn't designed for.

Whoa. That's a bit like saying that there's no need to do a weight and balance check on an airplane before asking for permission to taxi to the active runway. The four plus-sized fellows who put a Cherokee 140 into the pine trees on takeoff here a few years ago learned that the hard way.

It's even more worth your time to look at the numbers when you're doing something the aircraft wasn't designed for.
I did not say any of that. Not one word. I simply stated that it is a utter waste of time to try to figure out what impact the added weight of that neoprene would have on fight time.

Interesting and thanks for the reply. Given the length and width of each layer of foam, x 3, plus the blocks, and the lengths of Velcro, my guess was that the weight isn’t negligible.

The weight of the rescue Jacket is 6.5 ounces Dry , weighs a little more coming out of the water but dissapates quickly. Its the same Rescue jacket that is on the Air 2S just modified its design to fit the Mavic 3 , so the Mavic 3 can really handle the Rescue Jacket well.

Here are Two videos that really put the mavic 3 Rescue Jacket into action.

This is the same Rescue Jacket on the Air 2 flown by a Seasoned Pilot on the forum.

Phantomrain.org

Last edited:
I simply stated that it is a utter waste of time to try to figure out what impact the added weight of that neoprene would have on fight time.
Yes. And I compared that to ("a bit like") ignoring weight and balance calcs on an airplane - not wise.

Product weight = 6.5 ounces = 184 grams.
Mavic 3 weight = 905 grams.
Increase in weight = 20.3%, resulting in greater power consumed during flight.

There is a substantial increase in frontal area, on the order of 100%, causing increased form drag.

There is a substantial increase in the surface area over which air flows during flight, again on the order of 100%, causing increased skin friction drag.

I'm not criticizing the product; the design is an effective way to provide buoyancy to the drone. But with 20% increased weight and substantially increased drag, there will be noticeable reductions in flight performance. It's definitely not appropriate to conclude that it's a waste of time to consider the reduced performance.

Last edited:
Yes. And I compared that to ("a bit like") ignoring weight and balance calcs on an airplane - not wise.

Product weight = 6.5 ounces = 184 grams.
Mavic 3 weight = 905 grams.
Increase in weight = 20.3%, resulting in greater power consumed during flight.

There is a substantial increase in frontal area, on the order of 100%, causing increased form drag.

There is a substantial increase in the surface area over which air flows during flight, again on the order of 100%, causing increased skin friction drag.

I'm not criticizing the product; the design is an effective way to provide buoyancy to the drone. But with 20% increased weight and substantially increased drag, there will be noticeable reductions in flight performance. It's definitely not appropriate to conclude that it's a waste of time to consider the reduced performance.
I'll take the go-pro off my drone.

• Haha
Reactions: Phantomrain.org
This here below RTK module is 5.2 ounces and not to stream line, its not about weight / drag its more about purpose. I have never even notice the drag or the battery time, as I think I get more time over the water as I am not so concerned about it. This release of stress makes life flying over the water much more enjoyable.

So Purpose can over ride some of the drags and numbers < well just ask anyone using this setup , there blowing thu jobs an making money, Rescue Jacket can do that to . $$$

Your paying a lot of money for all that Drag , especially the Speaker , ohhh boy.
CleanShot 2024-01-12 at 23.41.28@2x.jpg

When it comes to landing on the Water, flying from a boat , landing on the snow , increasing your VLOS , not tipping over on the waves , keeping a low center of gravity , and catching the wind back home.
we think the Phantomrain Rescue Jacket leads the competiton . aka: blows everything else away.

You dont mess with the resuce jacket , you love it.

Screenshot 02-27-2021 11.10.27.jpg

Thats me taking it out on a Jet Ski one handed . of course we have a video of that. lol
You would not believe how many times I use the Rescue Jacket as the perfect way to carry the drone.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water and GIve love to the Resuce Jacket floats.

Last edited:
This here below RTK module is 5.2 ounces and not to stream line, its not about weight / drag its more about purpose. I have never even notice the drag or the battery time, as I think I get more time over the water as I am not so concerned about it. This release of stress makes life flying over the water much more enjoyable.

So Purpose can over ride some of the drags and numbers < well just ask anyone using this setup , there blowing thu jobs an making money, Rescue Jacket can do that to . $$$

Your paying a lot of money for all that Drag , especially the Speaker , ohhh boy.

Of course, I'm not suggesting that RTK modules, flotation, Gopro cameras, lights, speakers, and other gear aren't useful. They are. And I'm not suggesting that your products aren't useful.

But I disagree with statements like "There is no way that small added bit of neoprene causes any measurable impact."

Each of those add-ons increases weight and drag. Yes, they may provide benefits that justify the loss of performance. In the case of your product, there's more than "a small bit of neoprene" involved. I'm sure the effects on flight performance are non-zero and non-negligible. One has to take the bad with the good.

When it comes to landing on the Water, flying from a boat , landing on the snow , increasing your VLOS , not tipping over on the waves , keeping a low center of gravity , and catching the wind back home.

It's been claimed before that the Rescue Jacket improves downwind flight performance by "catching the wind." That is not correct. If it were, drones would have sails.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas