DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

10F and bright sun can be done, with ND filters

Love the music and edits. Looks beautiful. Where was this filmed?

Also, did you slow this down? There are several scenes where the frame rates looks like it's well below 30. I also noticed a bit of rocking (rolling) of the horizon like it was very windy.

Living in Florida, I love seeing scenery like this, but it reaffirms my decision to live here, not there :)

Reactions: AyeYo
This was shot in Colorado, mostly outside of Leadville, but some of it near Denver.

Nothing was artificially slowed down. Most of it was shot at 1/120 to 1/50, 30FPS. The rocking horizon is just another of the Mavic's nearly limitless glitches and issues. It developed a couple weeks ago and no amount of calibrations have touched it. It does appear to be wind related, but in fact it was absolutely dead calm in all these shots. It was far, far worse in many shots that obviously didn't actually get used in the video. If it continues I'm requesting an RMA.

I enjoyed your video a lot. Great captures and good editing, too, as well as your selection of musical accompaniment. I'm an East Coast guy, born and raised, but I spent many years living in Albuquerque, NM and used to travel in your environs whenever possible to ski and because of the inherent beauty in that region. The East Coast is my home but the Southwest still tugs at my heart and mind. Your footage was a welcome sight for me.

However, the older I get the colder I get, and so I echo erkme73's sentiments to a degree (no pun intended) about the temps, even though I am not located in a region of the country nearly as warm as his is. I love watching any wintry scenery and appreciate the effort that goes into capturing it, but right now personally I am getting tired of flying in cold weather and capturing only winter-related scenes or filming and taking photos during dull, overcast days brought about by living in the Mid-Atlantic's coastal region, which is often socked in with a general coastal haze during this time of the year.

I'd like to make a big pot of stew out of that groundhog who popped out of his hole a few days ago.

Around here they say if you can make it through February in Delaware, then by March you'll be fine as that is when the hints of Spring begin making their appearance. But those are some looong 28 days, let me tell you. I can't wait to fly my Mavic in temps that don't require gloves, when my nose is not dripping and my eyes are not watering up due to low temps and wintry winds, and my battery life is fully available to me instead of being shortened by below-optimum operating temperatures.

Where you are located, you're blessed with great photo and video opportunities year round. Please consider posting some more images, especially when the weather changes and your same scenery is in full bloom. I'm sure you'll come up with some spectacular images.

Reactions: AyeYo
I enjoyed your video a lot. Great captures and good editing, too, as well as your selection of musical accompaniment. I'm an East Coast guy, born and raised, but I spent many years living in Albuquerque, NM and used to travel in your environs whenever possible to ski and because of the inherent beauty in that region. The East Coast is my home but the Southwest still tugs at my heart and mind. Your footage was a welcome sight for me.

However, the older I get the colder I get, and so I echo erkme73's sentiments to a degree (no pun intended) about the temps, even though I am not located in a region of the country nearly as warm as his is. I love watching any wintry scenery and appreciate the effort that goes into capturing it, but right now personally I am getting tired of flying in cold weather and capturing only winter-related scenes or filming and taking photos during dull, overcast days brought about by living in the Mid-Atlantic's coastal region, which is often socked in with a general coastal haze during this time of the year.

Thanks for the kind words. I'll definitely keep the mountain shots coming if you guys like them.

I'm originally from CT and only moved here a little over a year ago, so I feel your pain 100%. One of the reasons I moved here in spite of it being another winter wonderland is type of the winters we have here. East coast and especially Northeast winters are exactly as you describe, gray, dull, depressing, weeks at at time with no sun, snow that never melts off until spring. Although this winter got off to a crappy start, we're back to normal now with clear skies, very warm sun, and calm conditions - a total 180 from a New England winter. The other benefit is the varying climates in a small area. It might have been single digits in some of these shots, but it was 60F and snow free when I got back home to Denver. Outside of the mountains, we typically see 3-4 weeks of bitter cold from Christmas through later January. Winter is basically over now and we should ride out the rest of the season in the 50s.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McCaffs10778