DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

16 SATs and then boom! ATTI Mode and almost a fly-a-way!

these are .dat files so are my flight records and flight logs. Healthy Drones wouldn't read these files! Must be an easier way to do all this, any help would be apprecaited. I see all these great videos and info of flights from everyone and that's what I want.

these are .dat files so are my flight records and flight logs. Healthy Drones wouldn't read these files! Must be an easier way to do all this, any help would be apprecaited. I see all these great videos and info of flights from everyone and that's what I want.
Just to be clear the .DAT files come from the Mavic itself. There are .dat files on the tablet and maybe the RC that aren't useful.

Just to be clear the .DAT files come from the Mavic itself. There are .dat files on the tablet and maybe the RC that aren't useful.
I have seen hundreds of flight records on line, they show the flight, they show the info on the flight, step by step info it plays like a movie replay of the flight. How do I get to see one of these. Why can't healthy Drones read Mavic files, so frustrated and confused. This should be a simple 2 minute deal.

I have seen hundreds of flight records on line, they show the flight, they show the info on the flight, step by step info it plays like a movie replay of the flight. How do I get to see one of these. Why can't healthy Drones read Mavic files, so frustrated and confused. This should be a simple 2 minute deal.
Here I made a short tutorial how to get the recording. Guide: how to report a flight problem.

The 'simple 2 minute deal' is to use the remote data - think of the .dat file from the mavic as a black box for drones. It will show any data that can help determine why the gps cut out

If you could upload to dropbox and share then link here I'd love to have a look at it

I have a feeling we'll see something like this
upload_2017-2-4_8-19-19.png

Wow this sucks. Now I'm afraid to put it back in the air. Guess I'll wait for the next DJI firmware update.

After a month of flying with rock solid GPS lock, the last few days I have been experiencing sudden loss of satellite reception and the Mavic going into Atti mode. These have been in the same location as before, and only for short (5 - 15 seconds) periods before regaining good satellite lock.

I am wondering if atmospheric conditions or military testing might be affecting GPS transmission? Anybody have any idea about this? I am in the south of England by the way.

I had exactly the same thing happen to me on the 31st. After over thirty successful flights from the same location, this flight ended before it started. Always manually start the rotors, waited for home point announcement, commanded to ascend, when I wait about ten seconds to scan R/C to assure all the flight conditions are normal. This time however, the A/C dropped into ATTI mode and began drifting away at a very good clip, without any ability to control it. The A/C flew east and south and impacted the trees before getting wedge between a fence and shed. I stood there in shock in attempting to understand what if anything I could have done other than not fly. A/C is on its way back to Carson. Here is the log.

Any thoughts ?

Phantom Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

I had exactly the same thing happen to me on the 31st. After over thirty successful flights from the same location, this flight ended before it started. Always manually start the rotors, waited for home point announcement, commanded to ascend, when I wait about ten seconds to scan R/C to assure all the flight conditions are normal. This time however, the A/C dropped into ATTI mode and began drifting away at a very good clip, without any ability to control it. The A/C flew east and south and impacted the trees before getting wedge between a fence and shed. I stood there in shock in attempting to understand what if anything I could have done other than not fly. A/C is on its way back to Carson. Here is the log.

Any thoughts ?

Phantom Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com
Did you happen to grab the .dat file from the drone before you sent it away?

You were right. Here is the correct one. Thanks. g

Attachments

• FLY057.zip
    583.7 KB · Views: 0
Wow. That was the last flight recorded and file I pulled off.
Question: How many dat files are there for one flight? And where are the different dat files located. The first one I sent came out of the FlightLogs folder, the second came out of the FlightRecords folder. WinZip corrupting the file? Thanks.

Wow. That was the last flight recorded and file I pulled off.
Question: How many dat files are there for one flight? And where are the different dat files located. The first one I sent came out of the FlightLogs folder, the second came out of the FlightRecords folder. WinZip corrupting the file? Thanks.
How to retrieve a .DAT

I answer to you just with this image.

Attachments

• Schermata 2017-05-20 alle 02.25.06.png
    Schermata 2017-05-20 alle 02.25.06.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 51
Fly my MAvic Pro on Wednesday and all was good. Calibrated Compass, checked all areas for issues, send up and hovered a bit, got 16 sats and then put it up to about 350 ft for a shoot I needed. All of a sudden I hear the faint voice of my controller "ATTI" mode and noticed on my screen ATTI mode. At this point the Mavic was drifting away at a pretty good speed ( not super fast) but enough to be very concerned. I hit he return to home button ASAP. No response. Did this several times also while trying to fly it back with little success. I raised the Mavic up from about 250 to 300 feet, turned it around a bit in ATTI mode and I noticed it was able to lock back into Sats and so I hit the return to home again and lucky me it returned to home without any further issues. How can I lose 16 SATS in a split second and have it go into ATTI mode and have it drift so quickly??

Hi. Watched a vid on you tube. If there is a bunch of satilites say 16. If their all very close together, the drone struggles to lock on, so goes in to atti mode. But if their all a good distance from each other, spread all over the sky, then the drone will be as smooth as butter from one to the other. Stupid I know. Hope that helps

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS