DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 drones 2 certificates?

Gioba59

Reactions
Hi all I have 2 drones do I need to have 2 different certificates?

If you are flying commercially you need a part 107 certificate obtained after you pass the FAA exam. I think each drone will have a different number under this rule. But check on this.

If you are only flying recreationally then you register and get a part 336 certificate and number to place on all your drones. I am sure of this part

I found it. The above is correct:

Hobby/Recreational ~ 1 Registration # (operator is registered not aircraft) and the same one can go on ALL of your hobby aircraft

Commercial/P107/Public Use ~ 1 unique FAA registration # per aircraft. Each aircraft is registered.

Reactions: crlmjohnson
I am reading correctly that one registration is good for all my drones?
It is if you're flying as a hobbyist and you register under "Section 336" here.

No, I just got my certificate.
Your Remote Pilot certificate? If that's what you mean, then you need to register each drone you're planning on flying for commercial purposes under "Part 107".

How would one pass the Part 107 test and not know how to register their aircraft?
How to register an aircraft is likely not a question that would appear on that test ;)

How would one pass the Part 107 test and not know how to register their aircraft?

Nick
How could someone be only 67 years old and not read very well already? I only ask, since I have 2 drones if I needed two certificate of registration! I did NOT ask how to register a drone [Removed by Moderator]
Its people like you sir that make wonderful forums like this turn into confrontation. ADIOS.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all I have 2 drones do I need to have 2 different certificates?
if you have taken the test for Part 107....then you need to register both drones...for commerical use. but if you have not pass the Part 107 (FAA Commerical license test), then you register one time for all drones.(flying as a hobbyist)...

Nick
There isn't a lot about the details of registration in the test part of Part 107. While there is some information it's very easy to get confused.

Snarky comments don't help anyone . . . . Just saying!

Maybe I am misunderstanding the OP original post
Myself I have 2 drones, and here in Canada when registering the drone the process asks for the type of drone, the weight and the serial number of the drone leading me to believe I must get a second registration number for my second drone.
I believe the OP was asking about that, does he need to have separate number on that second drone. Myself, here in Canada I am lead to believe that I do need two separate registration numbers.

Reactions: BigAl07 and Gioba59
Maybe I am misunderstanding the OP original post
Myself I have 2 drones, and here in Canada when registering the drone the process asks for the type of drone, the weight and the serial number of the drone leading me to believe I must get a second registration number for my second drone.
I believe the OP was asking about that, does he need to have separate number on that second drone. Myself, here in Canada I am lead to believe that I do need two separate registration numbers.

The OP is in US and has passed his Part 107 (Commercial) test. For each UAS he plans to use for Part 107 operations he must also Register it as a Commercial UAS at the FAA DroneZone portal.

In the USA:

Hobby - Only one registration # (the operator is registered not the actual aircraft itself). Same # goes on all hobby only aircraft.
Commercial - Each individual aircraft is registered and gets a unique FAA#

Side Note: A Commercially Registered aircraft can be flown for hobby but an aircraft with Hobby registration # can NOT be flown for Commercial operations.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
controllesp