DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Trying to update Remote ID info in Drone Zone, and not having any luck

Desert Sands

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Hello, it's been a long while with Work and other commitments. I have updated Both my older drones, Mavic 2 Pro L1P and Mavic Air 2S and controllers to the newest versions. I saw on the FAA site link that someone posted on this group, that the Mavic Air 2S and Mavic 2 Pro (L1P) are showing as Remote ID compatible.

Now, when I go to the drone zone I see that both of these aircraft show as Remote ID -NO... so when I go to edit it, putting Standard Remote ID (since I'm NOT using a module) and try to save the changes I get the "Serial number invalid" So I looked at both Drones battery compartments and see that the serial numbers agree with what the FAA has listed.

Is this even worrying about as long as the drones send Remote ID? All of my drones are registered as Part 107 drones, and I have a 107 certificate. Any ideas?

All the best, be safe, sane and Sober in your flying.

Joe

Reactions: MARK (LI)
Hello, it's been a long while with Work and other commitments. I have updated Both my older drones, Mavic 2 Pro L1P and Mavic Air 2S and controllers to the newest versions. I saw on the FAA site link that someone posted on this group, that the Mavic Air 2S and Mavic 2 Pro (L1P) are showing as Remote ID compatible.

Now, when I go to the drone zone I see that both of these aircraft show as Remote ID -NO... so when I go to edit it, putting Standard Remote ID (since I'm NOT using a module) and try to save the changes I get the "Serial number invalid" So I looked at both Drones battery compartments and see that the serial numbers agree with what the FAA has listed.

Is this even worrying about as long as the drones send Remote ID? All of my drones are registered as Part 107 drones, and I have a 107 certificate. Any ideas?

All the best, be safe, sane and Sober in your flying.

Joe
Unfortunately to be completely legal, you'll need to do more than just transmit remote ID; the FAA database needs to be updated properly. You may try to delete the current entry and re-add it. But I'm not part 107 so I have no idea how it works on that side.

When I updated mine I reversed two letters and tried to change it but it wouldn't let me edit it. I just deleted it and put it in again as a new aircraft. It took it fine that way.

Here goes! I live in the U.K. but have just been through an awful drawn out experience trying to re-register my MA2 as RID ready. Won’t extend the length of this so…
The first thing you need to understand (so long as you have updated your firmware to the latest version for your drone and RC) is you need to re-register your drone adding the prefix 1581F to your existing Serial Number and adding as a suffix the number 0. When you come to enter this new Serial Number on the FAA 107 page make sure you enter all the numbers/letters and DON’T be put off by the message underneath that says “Invalid Serial Number” as soon as you start typing your number in. I made that error and spent about 3 months tearing what’s left of my hair out. This should work. Bon chance!

• Wow
Reactions: MARK (LI)
When I updated mine I reversed two letters and tried to change it but it wouldn't let me edit it. I just deleted it and put it in again as a new aircraft. It took it fine that way.
KB9R de W7UV.... QRZed says youre in Wisconsin and that your name is also Joseph... good name...

When you deleted your registration... what happened to your FA number... did it go away, and you had to pay again?
I'll back to Drone Zone and see if I can figure it out... Thanks for the note Joe and 73,

Joe W7UV

KB9R de W7UV... QRZ says youre in Wisconsin, home of Culvers. It also says your name is Joe too... good name...
So do I have to delete the registration entiredly, if so, how do you keep your registration number (FA number)? Do I need to reregister and get a new FA number...

Joe W7UV

All right, I found the answer poking around on the web... Newer DJI drones have a 20 character serial number... Older birds like mine have 14 Character Serial numbers. To get the registration straight on drone zone... Add 1581F at the beginning of the serial number... and then add 0 to the end. This adds 6 characters and the invalid serial number goes away, and Drone Zone now shows all three aircraft (Mini 4 Pro Heavy already had a 20 character serial number). So anyone wishing to get their older Bird showing YES on Drone zone for R.I.D. Here you go.

Joe

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne