DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2019-02-23 Rose Valley Falls

DarthSLR

Reactions
After several weeks of rainy and cold weather, Sunny SoCal decided to get back to its normal state.

While the temps stayed below 60F, it was a pleasant sunny Saturday, so I decided to take my Mavic 2 Pro to the Upper Ojai sierras (Los Padres National Forest, ~4,000ft) to check out a few places I remembered from my past trips.

The road was OK, one lane closed due to slope slide in only one place. All the seasonal streams I knew about were flowing, and when I got to my primary target, the Rose Valley falls, I found them in full swing. Last time I have seen them at that level was more than 15 years ago.

I will be processing/posting videos later, but I thought I'd share a few stills.

Rose Valley Pano

This is how the valley below looks from above the waterfall

DJI-0005%20Pano-5K.jpg

Upper Rose Valley falls

The magnificent upper step, 130ft of the sheer vertical drop

DJI-0010%20Pano-X4.jpg

Perfect precision landing

After flying for 25 minutes, AC found its home just fine:)

IMG_4298-X2.jpg

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Wow very nice. Living in a very flat Florida without that kind of scenery, I going to fly around some mangroves and water today and try and spot some gators, (not the football team).

Reactions: DarthSLR
Wow very nice. Living in a very flat Florida without that kind of scenery, I going to fly around some mangroves and water today and try and spot some gators, (not the football team).
Thanks! Yeah, we're lucky that way, lot of terrain features.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rejdmast