DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2020 Nevada & Mojave ghost towns and mines

Mina Mine, NV 2020

Join me as I explore the historic buildings at the Mina Mine, a cinnabar (mercury) mine in central Nevada. There are several small shop buildings at the mine, and a large mill. I also found cabins dating back to the mine’s founding, and several other structures including an interesting bunkhouse.

Music: “Rattlesnake Blues”
by Sound-Ideas
Licensed through AudioJungle

Orizaba Mine, NV 2020

Join me as I explore some very picturesque ruins at Orizaba, NV and the Orizaba Mine. This was one of the most interesting sites I visited during my 2020 trip. The mine’s structures are over 110 years old, and include two stationary boilers, a head frame, hoist, and other artifacts. You’ll also see the cabins of the old mining camp.

Music:

“Cinematic Inspiring Piano & Strings”

“Inspiring Piano”

by Siberian Music

Reactions: Tufargon
Join me as I explore some very picturesque ruins at Orizaba, NV and the Orizaba Mine. This was one of the most interesting sites I visited during my 2020 trip. The mine’s structures are over 110 years old, and include two stationary boilers, a head frame, hoist, and other artifacts. You’ll also see the cabins of the old mining camp.
Hi Ray,
another video masterpiecece! I had a great plasure to watch your new video! I love the desertic and remote places you discover and I did watch your videos more than one time! Everyting fits! The very interesting and informative comments aswell the perfect fitting music and the impeccable droneshots! Thanks for sharing your mine adventures Thumbswayup
cheers Paul

Reactions: Ray Dunakin
Thanks Paul!

Aragonite Mine, NV 2020

This is a small but very cool mine in western Nevada. It has an unusual headframe, and all of the hoist house machinery is intact.

Music:
“Road Trip”
by 43880 Records

Reactions: Thomas B
Cole Slaw Mine, NV 2020

Come along as I explore a rarely-seen mining camp in a remote area of western Nevada. I’ve given this mine a fake name to protect it from vandalism.

The mining camp includes a mill, a well-built cabin, a garage and workshop, outhouses, and a water tank. There are also ruins and artifacts from an earlier period of the mine.

Music:
“Road To Salem”
by Vanilla Groove

El Capitan Mine, NV 2020

In this video you’ll see an interesting, abandoned mine located on a steep slope, near the top of a stony ridge.

This mine has a couple unusual features, such as a long wooden gangway from the base of the hill up to the mine.

Music:
“Dreamy”
by Waterplant

Really enjoying this series & all the work in producing it Ray.
Looks like a great area to visit & also a valuable record.

n this video you’ll see an interesting, abandoned mine located on a steep slope, near the top of a stony ridge.

This mine has a couple unusual features, such as a long wooden gangway from the base of the hill up to the mine.
Hi Ray,
thanks for sharing the video! Amazing and very interesting as usual;)
cheers Paul

My 2020 trip to explore ghost towns and mining camps of Nevada and the Mojave desert was an incredible experience! I'm currently working on the many videos from the trip, featuring numerous historic sites as well as some stunning scenery and wildlife. Here's a little preview of what's to come.

Music: "Epic Cinematic Trailer"

by Dream Notes Sounds

One word to describe this video.
BEAUTIFUL !! Awesomely done.

Lone Mountain Mine, NV 2020

Join me as I visit an isolated, little-known zinc mine in central Nevada. You’ll see a well-preserved headframe, core samples from test drilling, and some nice scenery too.

Music:
“Flight
by Vinnichill

Reactions: DroneMan_ID
Join me as I visit an isolated, little-known zinc mine in central Nevada. You’ll see a well-preserved headframe, core samples from test drilling, and some nice scenery too.
Hi Ray,
I enjoyed it very much! The opening shot is !TOP NOTCH" WOW Thumbswayup Thumbswayup Interesting fact about the mine, thanks for sharing tis amazing video!
cheers Paul

Hi Ray,
I enjoyed it very much! The opening shot is !TOP NOTCH" WOW Thumbswayup Thumbswayup Interesting fact about the mine, thanks for sharing tis amazing video!
cheers Paul

Thank you!

you´r welcome!
I have a question: How many frame intervals did you choose for the opening shot?
thanks and cheers
Paul

Last edited:
Keep this up Ray and we'll be lining up to go with you. Good thing some of us can't travel.
Really nice to view and informative as well. Thumbswayup

Keep this up Ray and we'll be lining up to go with you. Good thing some of us can't travel.
Really nice to view and informative as well. Thumbswayup

Thanks!

Ray, I have a question: How many frame intervals did you choose for the opening shot?
thanks and cheers
Paul

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki