DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 different micro sd cards....same problem!

Mcloer

Reactions
I appologize in advance if this has been addressed on another thread that I couldn't find.

I have 3 different sd cards, the 16gb card the Mavic came with, a 32gb Sandisk Extreme, and most recently a Sandisk 64gb Pro (the fastest available at least from Sandisk).

Problem is, I can't get more than 30 secs of video recording on any of the cards. I get the "sd card error check app" message. I have formatted all both in computer and in Mavic...no change.

Any advice.....thanks.

where did you get the cards from. I found out the hard way also. there is a lot of counterfeit micro sd cards out there even on Ebay. If their are real the vendor will exchange them. or send it in to Sandisk. I'm running Sandisk extreme plus and have no problem, also The Lexar are rated very high.
Good Luck

Extreme from a sporting goods retailer and the pro from Amazon Marketplace supplier. As I mentioned, even the card supplied with the MP does this. I will add that last night I did the full format, not quick format, to see if that helped. Have not had a chance to check yet.

With all three cards giving you the exact same issue,....I would venture that it is a problem with either your Mavic or something in the settings. I am not near my Mavic at this moment,... but I think there is a setting for maximum length of recordings. Might look in your settings just in case it is something silly like that. Others can chime in if my old brain is just imagining that setting.

Just checked on my smartphone. Verify in DJI GO4 your video cache capacity,.........just in case.

Update: I lowered the resolution to 1080 and Pro card works now. Not sure if it was the "long" format or lowering resolution. I should still be able to get more time even at 4k. I had turned caching off, as recommended in a DJI turorial, so my unscientific method worked but now I'm not sure what made the difference...lol. More testing to follow.

I'm not sure what's up on your unit. I do run a 128gb card and record in 4K have no issues recording about 4 movies that run about 10 minutes each. Also dozens of pics as well. I do use 2 GB cache.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998