DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

360 photos for FB

Doodle

Reactions
I'm gonna touch on the subject again. Sorry
But what app do you use to take the panos? I don't want to be paying $20+ for litchi that I may only use once or twice.
Then what free app (for mac) is there to stitch them all together (I do have PS, but I use it once or twice a year, so I'm not familiar with it. I use Lightroom for my photos, so I'm more well-versed in that)
Thanks

If you have PS, it's dead easy by placing one over the other, reducing opacity of the top one so you can align, then increase back, and flatten the image. Do this all on a new image that is large enough to encompass your pano, then crop when done. So much more satisfying to do it the manual way.

Oh, you were asking about 360, nevermind.

Microsoft makes a very good panoramic stitching software called Image Composite Editor (ICE). It's fully automatic, easy and FREE. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/research/product/computational-photography-applications/image-composite-editor/
Adobe Lightroom also stitches photos into a panorama: In the develop module, highlight the photos you want and click Photo>Photo Merge>Panorama.
As far as taking the photos themselves, you can do it manually by taking a photo every 45 degrees while maintaining a hover at a desired altitude and position. After doing the first row at a gimbal tilt of 30° up, do another row on the horizon and then 30 ° down and then another 30° down and then straight down with two shots for the nadir. It won't be a perfect 360° pano because the gimbal won't tilt higher than 30° above the horizon, so you will need to make a zenith patch. The Litchi App can do all the photos for the pano automatically, but it's not free.
You can see my first attempt to make a 360 pano on Facebook a couple months ago. Bernie Partridge

Last edited:
Reactions: diegoaz
Microsoft makes a very good panoramic stitching software called Image Composite Editor (ICE). It's fully automatic, easy and FREE. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/research/product/computational-photography-applications/image-composite-editor/
Adobe Lightroom also stitches photos into a panorama: In the develop module, highlight the photos you want and click Photo>Photo Merge>Panorama.
As far as taking the photos themselves, you can do it manually by taking a photo every 45 degrees while maintaining a hover at a desired altitude and position. After doing the first row at a gimbal tilt of 30° up, do another row on the horizon and then 30 ° down and then another 30° down and then straight down with two shots for the nadir. It won't be a perfect 360° pano because the gimbal won't tilt higher than 30° above the horizon, so you will need to make a zenith patch. The Litchi App can do all the photos for the pano automatically, but it's not free.
You can see my first attempt to make a 360 pano on Facebook a couple months ago. Bernie Partridge

What program did you use??

I used the Litchi app to take the photos and PTGui to stitch the 360° pano, however, similar results can be achieved with the other apps and software I mentioned.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mandeh