DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3d Heli pilots??

slozukimc

Reactions
I mentioned3d Heli’s in another post and it appears there are a lot of rc heli pilots here.

So who flies those crazy birds?

Mike

I don't "currently" fly 3D but I do fly R/C helis still on occasion. Due to work etc I've scaled down from larger 700 to 450 and now down to the Micro/Mini size. Easier to store and don't cause near as much damage WHEN (not if) I crash LOL!

Reactions: slozukimc
I'm another that moved on from collective pitch helis. I found that using a post hole digger is a cheaper and more effective means of boring a hole in the ground. I kid you not, I've smacked one into the ground so hard I swear I felt the ground shake! Here's a sample of my elementary flying skills. Nothing to write home about!

Last edited:
I don't "currently" fly 3D but I do fly R/C helis still on occasion. Due to work etc I've scaled down from larger 700 to 450 and now down to the Micro/Mini size. Easier to store and don't cause near as much damage WHEN (not if) I crash LOL!
This is why I have never flown my Blade 450 3d. It is way too pretty to crash. And I will crash.

Mike

Reactions: BigAl07
I'm another that moved on from collective pitch helis. I found that using a post hole digger is a cheaper and more effective means of boring a hole in the ground. I kid you not, I've smacked one into the ground so hard I swear I felt the ground shake! Here's a sample of my elementary flying skills. Nothing to write home about!
Got me beat!! Nice!

This is why I have never flown my Blade 450 3d. It is way too pretty to crash. And I will crash.

Mike

I've still got the B450 and it's fun to fly. I do have to say it's "mothballed" now as I don't have time to fly it anymore. My best story with it was:

I was at a friends house for a cookout.... we were standing on his deck and I was flying it "showing off" and I came in from a dive too hot and the blades couldn't handle the g-force and it cannonballed in very hard. It literally dug up his grass in a large "mat" that looked like a beaver pelt. The worse part of this story is, right before I did this I literally said, "Hey yall, watch this!!"

My other B450 story...... I was in a campground and had a nice crowd of people watching. They were amazed at the rate of ascent of this one ( I had just upgraded the electric motor and it was AWESOME). I was showing off (again) and punched out HOT... all of a sudden I heard this "Squealing" sound and realized I had just stripped the main gear which meant my Main Rotor and Motor were no longer "locked"..... she came down pretty quick ... I did my best for an Auto-Rotation but my timing/skills weren't on point and she went in like a yard dart LOL!

Needless to say at one point I was pretty good at tearing it down and putting it back together again.

I've still got the B450 and it's fun to fly. I do have to say it's "mothballed" now as I don't have time to fly it anymore. My best story with it was:

I was at a friends house for a cookout.... we were standing on his deck and I was flying it "showing off" and I came in from a dive too hot and the blades couldn't handle the g-force and it cannonballed in very hard. It literally dug up his grass in a large "mat" that looked like a beaver pelt. The worse part of this story is, right before I did this I literally said, "Hey yall, watch this!!"

My other B450 story...... I was in a campground and had a nice crowd of people watching. They were amazed at the rate of ascent of this one ( I had just upgraded the electric motor and it was AWESOME). I was showing off (again) and punched out HOT... all of a sudden I heard this "Squealing" sound and realized I had just stripped the main gear which meant my Main Rotor and Motor were no longer "locked"..... she came down pretty quick ... I did my best for an Auto-Rotation but my timing/skills weren't on point and she went in like a yard dart LOL!

Needless to say at one point I was pretty good at tearing it down and putting it back together again.
Wow! Seems like they are pretty tough. The Looky Y’all Karma Monster got ya. Happens every time, even more when there is a camera nearby.

I think I will pass mine on. I have it up on ebay starting at $225 with the fancy aluminum case. Seem fair?

Mike

Wow! Seems like they are pretty tough. The Looky Y’all Karma Monster got ya. Happens every time, even more when there is a camera nearby.

I think I will pass mine on. I have it up on ebay starting at $225 with the fancy aluminum case. Seem fair?

Mike

Honestly it does seem fair as long as parts are still available for it. I can' tell you how much $$ I put into mine replacing this and that on it. But what a blast to fly and it was my first "sort of" 3D heli :)

Honestly it does seem fair as long as parts are still available for it. I can' tell you how much $$ I put into mine replacing this and that on it. But what a blast to fly and it was my first "sort of" 3D heli :)
I see lots of parts available for them surprizingly enough.

Been playing with the racing drones and decided to try the McpX heli again. Holy cow Guys!! I think I am getting it! I have actually maintained a controlled flight for over ten seconds with a tiny controlled pitch beast. I am pretty proud of myself because this little thing is really fast and does not stabilize itself at all.

Mike

Actually it was about 30 seconds total off the ground. Lol. Seems like a long time with all of the stick movements to keep this thing in place.

Now my biggest problem is I need more batteries and chargers. Hahahahhaha

Mike

I just flew a whole battery with the Mcpx without crashing!!! I got this!!!!

Mike

Reactions: BigAl07 and Big Bro
Me flying with my buddy few years ago.

That was cool. Tell me more about the one that appears to hover upside down on its own.

Mike
Very gentle setting perfectly balanced the flight controller. VBAR PRO

Ive been flying helis on and off since about 2007. Im not great at it but i can fly forward in all upright orientations and hover inverted im all orientations. I currently have a Trex 450 Pro, Trex 470L, and a Blade Nano S2. A couple more micros that are "retirred"as well. My eyes and reflexes have sadly apparently aged faster than the rest of me so i wanted something a bit less " exciting" to fly. Why not a drone? Helis are subject to the exact same restrictions so...

The Mini SE is my first "real" drone that ive kept. I got a Holy Stone HS700D or E in December but i read that the Mini SE was $20 cheaper and probably superior. So Amazon got the 'Stoner back and i got the SE. Quite satisfied.

I may be selling the helis soon.

Ive been flying helis on and off since about 2007. Im not great at it but i can fly forward in all upright orientations and hover inverted im all orientations. I currently have a Trex 450 Pro, Trex 470L, and a Blade Nano S2. A couple more micros that are "retirred"as well. My eyes and reflexes have sadly apparently aged faster than the rest of me so i wanted something a bit less " exciting" to fly. Why not a drone? Helis are subject to the exact same restrictions so...

The Mini SE is my first "real" drone that ive kept. I got a Holy Stone HS700D or E in December but i read that the Mini SE was $20 cheaper and probably superior. So Amazon got the 'Stoner back and i got the SE. Quite satisfied.

I may be selling the helis soon.
Send me a msg if ya do. 😉

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Odnicokev