DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

$49 Huawei Ascend XT2 aka Wunderphone = THE best Mavic screen EVER

Got mine last night; turned off autobrightness immediately, after it got so dark I couldn't see the screen. I found that strange. But it looks good now, and after some frustration, I'm running .15. I was expecting to be able to sideload using a thumb drive for file transfer, like I do with my S7. Kept trying and trying, and finally realized it only works with a cable to the PC. I don't like that, since there are times I like to move files while in the field. Other than that, I like it. I'll be flying tonight, so hopefully that side port connection will be more stable than it was with my S7.

I'm stuck! Got new phone, SD card, disabled apps, and set to allow 3rd party apps. When I open. I'm go4.18, installed, but does NOT show Mavic as an option. Is this why I need to downgrade the DJI app ? Can anyone point to where/how to get the 4.x installed?

Thanks

we may not be able to get this phone any longer but remember pr0n is still free.:eek:

Reactions: Xtreme Drone Pilot
Here's a not-so-great picture of the Huawei next to a 2016 iPad Air 2, both as bright as they go, in direct sunlight. Underexposed because of the reflection off the iPad's white face - sorry. The phone is at least as good as the iPad, but honestly, I'm not as blown away as I hoped. I might try to design and 3D print a shade for the phone when I get time. It's still a great deal, and the perfect size for the controller, IMHO.

I'm stuck! Got new phone, SD card, disabled apps, and set to allow 3rd party apps. When I open. I'm go4.18, installed, but does NOT show Mavic as an option. Is this why I need to downgrade the DJI app ? Can anyone point to where/how to get the 4.x installed?

Thanks
That's only without the MP connected I think. Connect to the Mavic and I think you'll be fine. Also without the MP connected tap the pull down next to the word "Mavic" and you can select a MP picture.

Here's a not-so-great picture of the Huawei next to a 2016 iPad Air 2, both as bright as they go, in direct sunlight. Underexposed because of the reflection off the iPad's white face - sorry. The phone is at least as good as the iPad, but honestly, I'm not as blown away as I hoped. I might try to design and 3D print a shade for the phone when I get time. It's still a great deal, and the perfect size for the controller, IMHO.

I have to agree. Although it's a great price, my iPhone 7+ is just as bright in sunlight. Nice to have a dedicated device though. I'll probably just let my daughter play with the second one.

That's only without the MP connected I think. Connect to the Mavic and I think you'll be fine. Also without the MP connected tap the pull down next to the word "Mavic" and you can select a MP picture.

Therein lies the problem. The pulldown doesn't show Mavic as a choice. Only Inspire, Spark, Phantom. This is the section where you enter the aircraft in DJI. Lithci seems fine! I'm new to Android.

Therein lies the problem. The pulldown doesn't show Mavic as a choice. Only Inspire, Spark, Phantom. This is the section where you enter the aircraft in DJI. Lithci seems fine! I'm new to Android.

Scroll up. It's number 5 in the list below "Inspire 2".

So you were unable to connect the MP? Did you install 4.18 first, then delete it and side-load 4.15? If so delete the app and re-install it.

Reactions: Sndflea
Is there any way just to use this phone and the latest updates for everything, Mavic and app????

I kind of regret not getting a second one. My 9 year old wants one of those cheap virtual reality headsets, and an MP3 player for Christmas...This would have been a good device to use for both purposes, especially for the price.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kitkat