DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

4K content to iPhone 7Plus

kosta

Reactions
Hello,
How do I get my 4K content on my iPhone 7 Plus ?!? I doesn't work ?!?

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Hello,
How do I get my 4K content on my iPhone 7 Plus ?!? I doesn't work ?!?

Thank you

Are you using Final Cut Pro X to edit? If so, when you export the video use the option which says Apple 4K devices.

Thank u, yes I know I mean how to get in on my phone while I am on the road ?!? iPhone 7 Plus can work with 4 k

Before you buy an Apple SD reader you should take a look at the Amazon reviews. Some guys are saying that the folder names on the SD card must have specific names, if not the iPad will not see them.

Reactions: kosta
Before you buy an Apple SD reader you should take a look at the Amazon reviews. Some guys are saying that the folder names on the SD card must have specific names, if not the iPad will not see them.

Can you point to this link? The only names in my folder are: DJI.srt (info about the exif data), DJI.dng (still image), DJI.mov (video files). The folder structure is: DCIM --> 100MEDIA. This is and has been the file naming convention since I have been using DJI products, starting with the Phantom 4. To put files onto the iPad, the easiest way is via iTunes. There have been some third party apps that will allow the iPad or iPhone to receive files but you need to connect to a computer or send the files via email. Hope I explained this well enough.

All it needs is a standard digital camera file structure, which all DJI products do.

I never have a problem, I have continuous file naming selected on dji mavic. I just pop the sd card out use my apple adapter and go to photos and import very simple. That's all you can do is import you can not transfer video back on to the sd cards for storage which I wish the iPad can do! I have an iPad Air 2

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

I have a card reader, that reads the micro Sd card and puts it on my phone, but I cannot put it into my camera Role. I want to use the content when I am on the Road. I want to use the content with iMovie.
Does anyone have a idea ?!??

I gave up on this.

I have the Apple Lightning/SD card reader (most recent version) and tried to upload Mavic video and still files to an iPhone 7Plus and an iPad Pro. The card is recognized fine in Photos on both. Usually the videos and still import with no problem, but sometimes I get an error saying that the video file is not supported after importing the files.

I THINK the problem is that the iPhone/iPad tries to upload the files to iCloud after importing, and that's where the problem occurs. I haven't done specific testing of this, but anecdotally when I import the files when I'm NOT on WiFi they are fine because the devices don't try to upload to iCloud unless they are connected to a WiFi network. When I import them when I'm on a WiFi network, most of them become unreadable on both iOS and MacOS devices.

One possible explanation that I have not fully explored yet is if I try to open the video files before they are fully uploaded to iCloud vs. not opening the files until they are actually fully uploaded. It's possible that viewing the video files while they are uploading causes problems.

EDIT: I have this behavior with both 4K and 2.7K videos, BTW.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J