DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

4th flight now this happens

Woodrow256

Reactions
I was flying around my neighborhood when all of the sudden my video gets really faded with white. I could barely see to get home. I snapped some pictures and they are the same as the screen. I changed nothing in the settings. I did update firmware yesterday, but it flew fine right after. Go app was saying high interference when i took off but there is none. The remote kept beeping after the image faded. Please tell me i aint gotta send off a brand new drone.

Did you accidentally rotate the right side thumbwheel controlling Exposure Value.

Yeah he probably jogged the shutter speed. First time that happened to me I freaked for a few seconds. :eek:

Reactions: BD0G
I tapped the auto focus trying to fix it. I have no idea what wheel i could have bumped.

If it was something i adjusted it should have changed back when i restarted the app then right? Im having one hell of a time with finding where stuff is in the go 4 app. Its different than the other go app. I never changed any camera settings before though. I am not a photographer, i dont know what they do.

There is a thumb wheel on the Remote Controller on the upper right side. It controls the shutter speed. It actually changes the setting within the DJIGO 4 app. So no it will not be reset once the DJIGO 4 app is restarted.

Try to rotate that wheel back and forth after connecting to the Mavic Pro. You dont need to power up the motors but you do need to have connection from the DJIGO 4 app with the Mavic. Rotate the thumbwheel while watching the display screen. Turning it one way or the other should restore the visible picture.

Reactions: Cyberpower678
Not trying to be the soggy sandwich here, but really..... Read the manual and know the basics before flying

Reactions: Soundtekk
I have read it. I brain dump the stuff that i dont use or dont need to use. I have no business tweaking camera settings since i dont know what they do. I guess a little more knowledge is in order given that this drone is alot more camera the the phantom 3 standard im used to. My p3s controller had no camera settings on the remote. I guess if you use those settings, it convenient to have them on the remote. If you dont need them, its more of a hassle. Ive always wanted to know what all those settings mean so i guess im about to take a class or something. I sure hope its that wheel and it an easy fix.

Exposure lock could also cause this.
You can start with this photography basics

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan