DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

6 Yr Old Saved Using A FLIR XT2 Camera! Good Press No Coverage Of course...

DDS

Approved Vendor
Reactions
not sure why I haven't seen this but not to much publicity.

Reactions: Romulus Archibald
I stand corrected....must have missed that and thanks for sharing. however if I can bring up a point And highlight some headlines below

Ethan Haus, 6, Found Safe After Going Missing For Nearly 10 Hours Near Becker​

‘We’re So Thankful’: Ethan Haus And Family Have Much To Be Thankful For After Hundreds Aided Search Effort​

Missing Becker, Minnesota boy thanks dog who kept him safe, 600 volunteers who helped search for him​

Large group responds and finds missing Minnesota boy​

No mention of a drone or thermal equipment..the only explanation that comes to mind is it doesn’t fit the preconceived notion that drones are evil ?

I stand corrected....must have missed that and thanks for sharing. however if I can bring up a point And highlight some headlines below

‘We’re So Thankful’: Ethan Haus And Family Have Much To Be Thankful For After Hundreds Aided Search Effort​

Missing Becker, Minnesota boy thanks dog who kept him safe, 600 volunteers who helped search for him​

No mention of a drone or thermal equipment..the only explanation that comes to mind is it doesn’t fit the preconceived notion that drones are evil ?

Almost all of the news reports in that Google news search reported that the find was made with a thermal imaging UAV. You are looking for issues where there are none.

It sounds to me more like you managed to find a news report that fits your preconceived persecution complex. I've talked to a lot of people about drones and read a lot of articles on them, and almost never have I stumbled across anything that makes drones sound "evil". Some people have valid concerns about their safety and privacy issues certainly are relevant, but you WAY overstate the case.

I believe I saw the story brought up on a talk show. They had the parents, child, a few search crew and interviewed the Drone Pilot who showed the video and ground crew searching and the boy in the corn field.

Edit: It was the Kelly Clarkson show: Man Brings His Heat-Sensing Drone to Help Find Missing Boy at 1:50 AM

Reactions: anotherlab
I look forward to the day these thermal cameras and lidar sensors are small and cheap enough to fit on smaller drones.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trubbaman