DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

69 yr old newbie

Greetings from St Augustine Florida! Just got my Mavic Mini earlier today. I've decided to enroll in drone flying 101 from pilotinstitute .com to get my bearings. I'm stoked! Looking forward to learning from and sharing with everyone here.

Only rub is that you get older (70+) it's harder to climb those trees (no trees yet - its an experience) - bring a young neighbor kid along

Greetings from St Augustine Florida! Just got my Mavic Mini earlier today. I've decided to enroll in drone flying 101 from pilotinstitute .com to get my bearings. I'm stoked! Looking forward to learning from and sharing with everyone here.
Welcome to the community. I too was 69 when I bought my first drone, the mavic mini. Great little drone and I’m sure you’ll have tons of fun with it.

Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome to the forum. You will find plenty of support and assistance here in the forum. We look forward to seeing your part of the world.

Welcome, 77 years here and fly the Mavic 2 Pro. Lots of things to learn, learning how to fly your drone safely and learning all the best settings for the camera. Take your time and use the experience from the advanced pilots to help you with details. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do. Good Luck.. Forgot to tell you I live in NW Montana, some of the most beautiful country you'll ever see

Hello from Indiana. I'm 69 here also. It takes me a little longer to catch on than the kids but I'm having a ball...Dennis

Last edited:
Hello,
Also welcome here, and although it seems a American forum.....not: there are pilots from every continent here!
That is the best so you can see what the world looks like from the comfort of your living room. So please do post pics and video of your surroundings

And if you ever land your mini up side down, then there are very wise men here who can explain what happened after you upload your flight data....just good to know.....not saying that you should try this immediately ;-)

Good luck with your new and beautiful hobby.

Ruud

Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Enjoy your new Mavic Mini, Fly safe and have fun!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d