DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

7" Huawei Mediapad T3 - aka Wundertablet

Have my new T3 but I am an Apple user so have no idea how to set this thing up. Does anyone have a written list or procedure outlined as to how I should go about cleaning this thing of everything I don't need, so I can get it to operate the best it can be to fly with only? A start to finish list would be great. Appreciate any help.

Reactions: Faustus
Does anyone have a T3 they want to sell, and willing to ship to Canada? I cant seem to find one at a good price.

Thanks.

Just thought i'd pitch in with my 2 cents, after having bought the T3 by recommendation from this thread and a fellow pilot friend:

I will return this tablet tomorrow for several reasons:
- Display not at all usable in sunny weather due to really low brightness.
- Not able to utilize latest versions (and thereby features) of DJI Go, due to videofeed breaking.
- Delay on video feed even after doing thorough clean up of the tablet and disabling caching in DJI Go (i suspect this has not been noticed by all members posting on this thread, since the delay is minor but definitely there compared to my S9 Edge).
- Tablet no longer supported or receiving updates from Huawei and a complete nuisance to root due to lack of adaptation, meaning i cannot update on my own either.
- General build quality of the tablet just not up to my standard (yes, i know, it's cheap and i should have expected that).

All in all i must say that i'm a bit surprised about the huge support for the tablet on here. Yes, it's cheap, but that pricetag comes with so many compromises that frankly it feels a bit silly to recommend it as a tool to an otherwise pretty high-standard product.

I'm looking a bit more for a Android alternative, before throwing in the money for an Ipad Mini 4. I really despise Apple and will pretty much only use it for the Mavic, but i want gear that works flawlessly.

Hi,
i tried to install 4.1.9 on the t3 7" but as i am using mavic air, this ver dose not support this drone... :-(
has anybody managed to use this tablet with mavic air and can recommend the proper ver that runs OK?
(the latest ver of go4 do not transfer live image from camera :-( )

Hello, same thing for me, I bought this tab because it was in the list of preferred tab, but can't get image/video...it is dark....even if command works (as gimbal for example)...can you please help, as I bought it specially for the mavic... thank you!

Hello, same thing for me, I bought this tab because it was in the list of preferred tab, but can't get image/video...it is dark....even if command works (as gimbal for example)...can you please help, as I bought it specially for the mavic... thank you!

Which version of the Go4 app?
Mavic 1 or 2?
Or Air?

Hello, I have Mavic Air, last model. I tried 3 different version: 4.2.24, 4.3.14, 4.1.9

The T3 pad works (very) well with 4..1.9 or older, in other words, it is fine with the Mavic1Pro, but not Air, as the Air requires a newer version of Go4.
I had an Air for a while, along with my M1Pro, and I had to use my Huawei Y6 phone (with 4.2.6) with the Air, but with the M1Pro, I prefer to fly with the T3 pad and 4.1.9.

Espen, sorry about my bad English, but finally what you recommend with the air?

I used my Huawei Y6 (2017) 5'' phone with the Air, and that was OK, but a 7'' tablet is certainly better, due to the bigger screen.
That said, using the Y6 phone works perfectly well, and I often use it with my M1Pro as well, especially when I want to travel light (like bike riding) and don't want to bring along the T3 tablet. The phone is always with me anyway.
Unfortunately, I have currently no good suggestions for a tablet that will handle the later versions of GO4. There are of course plenty of tablets that will handle it, but I can't name any inexpensive ones right now.

Last edited:
So guys, please tell me what settings you are using:) Cables (and where they are connected) set up the first time with he tab, , DJIGO4 version, or any other things that can help to understand why I do not have any image/video?
Please help..:))))Thank you and have a nice day

here is the answer from DJI...that also did not help me:

Dear Laurent,

Thank you for contacting DJI Support.

We are sorry for the problem you are having but no worries, we are here to assist you.

Regarding your email,we are afraid to say that the mobile device you have used, it isn’t on our list of supported devices for DJI GO/DJI GO 4 app. As we haven’t tested its compatibility with our App, with that, we cannot guarantee that it can work as intended and this may be the cause of the issue you have mentioned.

Guys, I try to connect on Wifi (because I thought it could be because of cable), but same thing...i can take off, etc..but still no video/image on screen..:-(

Guys, I try to connect on Wifi (because I thought it could be because of cable), but same thing...i can take off, etc..but still no video/image on screen..:-(
What exact model is it i have a look ?.when i got mine i stripped it back off apps,dissabled any others.then i loaded go app and then i connect using usb bottom of controller and tablet.turn on tablet then turn on controller usb message comes on accept it then it should auto start go 4 app.Done ? use quality cables not cheap ones.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart