DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

.900 still suffering from HDMI scaling issues for goggles

I'm using old firmware and on my iPad and PS3 and it's fine the edge is barely noticeable. Do yourself s favor and use the Goggles for what they are intended for flying.

To me it's a step back using goggles to watch TV. What enjoyment is it to have this giant rig on your head with half the Rez of a good 4K monitor.

Regards Mike
That's your opinion, but they are designed to watch TV with too, as well as FPV gaming. It's even advertised for that as well. I don't fly with them everyday, but they are great to watch TV with.

Reactions: Robbyg
While your free to say as you wish - Its wrong to classify a device that is designed for aerial drones and photography as garbage because you can't watch some goofy video game or movie on it, the scope of the DJI Goggles design "IS NOT" for theater or long term use. I don't under stand how you can get any type of pleasure from sitting there for hours watching a feature with this giant, heavy, uncomfortable device on your head, it would be painful and even worse terrible on your eyes.

The worst part is you'll starve to death because you won't be able to snack or drink!

Regards - Mike

Ugh, seems the forum doesn't let you edit titles indeed. Stupid.
Might be but all you have to do is ask where I can see it or message me and am always glad to do it . :)

Reactions: Robbyg
While your free to say as you wish - Its wrong to classify a device that is designed for aerial drones and photography as garbage because you can't watch some goofy video game or movie on it, the scope of the DJI Goggles design "IS NOT" for theater or long term use. I don't under stand how you can get any type of pleasure from sitting there for hours watching a feature with this giant, heavy, uncomfortable device on your head, it would be painful and even worse terrible on your eyes.

The worst part is you'll starve to death because you won't be able to snack or drink!

Regards - Mike
I never classified the device as garbage. Stop changing what I'm saying. And it wasn't designed exclusively for aerial photography. It's not painful, and there's a thing called focal distance, so it's not really bad for your eyes. Plus you neglect the fact that non-mavic users need to use HDMI to see the live feed. Only the Mavic is fully wireless.

Your comment is just ludicrous. How do you starve to death wearing these. This isn't Sword Art Online.

Your comment is just ludicrous. How do you starve to death wearing these. This isn't Sword Art Online.

Ahh so that's why your looking so thin;)

Goggles + Netflix = Induced Vegetated state:p

As to why every post in this place is turned upside down and picked apart I have no idea. It seems to me like you stated a valid point that the HDMI has an issue. Maybe people are getting sensitive to the extreme titles being used on some of the posts, even though you clarified that very quickly.

BTW love the reference to SAO. One of the best Anime stories. What a pity the Gunman sequel sucked. I hear the other two Arcs are worst so they are not even going to be filmed. I am looking forward to watching Attack on Titan S2.

Rob

Would you mind changing it to ".900 still suffering from HDMI scaling issues for goggles"
Sorry I just saw this and did . Strange I missed the flag .
There have been so many going off I just missed it .

Ahh so that's why your looking so thin;)

Goggles + Netflix = Induced Vegetated state:p

As to why every post in this place is turned upside down and picked apart I have no idea. It seems to me like you stated a valid point that the HDMI has an issue. Maybe people are getting sensitive to the extreme titles being used on some of the posts, even though you clarified that very quickly.

BTW love the reference to SAO. One of the best Anime stories. What a pity the Gunman sequel sucked. I hear the other two Arcs are worst so they are not even going to be filmed. I am looking forward to watching Attack on Titan S2.

Rob
I don't think it sucked. It wasn't as good, but in my opinion still better than AoT. I tried watching that series, and couldn't get past the third episode, I was scared away after that episode. I'm actually reading the light novels of SAO right now, and I hear the Alicization Arc is pretty awesome, and that a new season is in the works. The novels have far more story and details than the anime ever did. I'm definitely looking forward/hoping that the progressive arc gets made into an anime.

Also as a fun fact, it seems a REAL SAO is in the works with a REAL Nervgear. The game is still in alpha though. I'm curious.

I don't think it sucked. It wasn't as good, but in my opinion still better than AoT. I tried watching that series, and couldn't get past the third episode, I was scared away after that episode. I'm actually reading the light novels of SAO right now, and I hear the Alicization Arc is pretty awesome, and that a new season is in the works. The novels have far more story and details than the anime ever did. I'm definitely looking forward/hoping that the progressive arc gets made into an anime.

Also as a fun fact, it seems a REAL SAO is in the works with a REAL Nervgear. The game is still in alpha though. I'm curious.

AOT season 1 was great IMO. I actually preferred it to SAO. Then again I do like Berserk and Claymore so maybe I am a bit too much into the gore side of things.

If they do come out with Another Arc I would certainly watch it. I just hope its better than GGO.

It's kind of interesting that two guys our age still watch this stuff. I think it must be an engineering thing. I have some friends who are EE's that are in our age bracket and they also watch a few Anime series.

Rob

AOT season 1 was great IMO. I actually preferred it to SAO. Then again I do like Berserk and Claymore so maybe I am a bit too much into the gore side of things.

If they do come out with Another Arc I would certainly watch it. I just hope its better than GGO.

It's kind of interesting that two guys our age still watch this stuff. I think it must be an engineering thing. I have some friends who are EE's that are in our age bracket and they also watch a few Anime series.

Rob
Anyone that's a techie, most likely. Most of my friends are into Anime. They are also engineers of some sort. :p. But IMO, SAO tops out. I'm still reading but the progressive Arc is the best so far, but sadly not finished. They only cleared the 5th floor so far in 4 books. 70 to go. That's a lot of books.

Anyone that's a techie, most likely. Most of my friends are into Anime. They are also engineers of some sort. :p. But IMO, SAO tops out. I'm still reading but the progressive Arc is the best so far, but sadly not finished. They only cleared the 5th floor so far in 4 books. 70 to go. That's a lot of books.
My God that's almost a book per floor!
I have come to realize the Japanese have patience that defies believe. I will binge watch 2 seasons and sit there thinking that they actually wait one whole week to watch each 22min episode.

The only two anime shows my wife has watched and enjoyed was Moribito and Death Note. DN was one hell of a good series. I am interested to see what Netflixes adaptation will be like. I just don't see such an intricate story being compressed that much.

Rob

Last edited:
I have come to realize the Japanese have patience that defies believe. I will binge watch 2 seasons and sit there thinking that they actually wait one whole week to watch each 22min episode.

Rob

They have a million animes. They got to play the new ones for them as well. :p

Rob

If we follow chronology, Kirito and Asuna eventually split up by the 25th floor. Also following existing chronology, they would have to clear a floor from 6 to 25 every two days to fit the time line. I'm curious how the 5th book plays out and what the story will be like once those two split up.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suilven