DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

960x720 size pics no matter what settings!

Toruk Makto

Reactions
What am I doing wrong?... only get 960x720 size pics no matter what settings I put on the cam. When I first got it I took full 4K. What have I done and how can I correct it?

I think you may have your photo setting on RAW, set it to jpg and set the size to what you require. Hope that works.

4k is video, not pictures. There is a setting for video and a different setting for photos. Make sure your photos are set to a higher resolution and pull them _directly_ from the SD card in the Mavic.

In RAW it will show that image size in properties until converted to JPG.
Rest assured it has in fact recorded a full size image, I think it's a bug in how windows reads the file info.

I think you may have your photo setting on RAW, set it to jpg and set the size to what you require. Hope that works.
I reset cam settings again and it defaulted to jpg, now getting full size.... but isnt RAW better quality?

4k is video, not pictures. There is a setting for video and a different setting for photos. Make sure your photos are set to a higher resolution and pull them _directly_ from the SD card in the Mavic.
There are NO settings for resolution in picture mode. Just RAW , jpg , jpg & RAW. Size of pixels in photo is a direct result of what video settings you have.

Rest assured it has in fact recorded a full size image, I think it's a bug in how windows reads the file info.
You sound as though you understand the the finer details of this subject... May have to come back to you again lol. Can you tell me difference between compression of jpg as opposed to raw in a practical sense...ie: would on be better to hand to a printer for billboarding or the like?

Correct.

You can still convert those DNGs to a 4K JPG with the right software. They're bigger than JPGs as you've noticed, but you can do a lot more with things like white balance, exposure, color data, and so on. If you don't mind taking the extra space and waiting until your DNGs are processed to be able to see them as JPGs or whatever your preferred format, they're nice to have.

Personally, I think I get clearer, less noisy JPGs if I take them as DNGs and run them through a program on my PC compared to if I have the Mavic just write the JPGs itself.

I looking for the same reason information! It's little curious but when open .DNG file in photoshop for ex. you see full resolution! Win10 and probably older OS not read full res without any programs.

I looking for the same reason information! It's little curious but when open .DNG file in photoshop for ex. you see full resolution! Win10 and probably older OS not read full res without any programs.
It's not curious at all.
If you have a program that can read dng files, it will.
If you don't have a suitable program, it will just read the embedded low-res jpg thumbnail that's inside each dng file..

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colinhayesroberts