DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

A couple good hard cases, suggestions please?

I use the my case. It is big and holds everything. The left side of the padding is removable and is designed for the small dji fly more shoulder bag. I use that for all my odds and ends leg extenders range extenders car charger tablet holder etc. Then when I get to where I'm flying I pack the fly more bag with the drone controller and five batteries and off I go

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: Bad Drone
Just ordered this HPRC case from B&H...I bought another HPRC case for my P3 and loved it so I doubled down when I found the same thing for the Mavic. It was $119 w/ free shipping.

da8e468bb2aaa010e89db4bfbfa46ce0.jpg

62dcc904c5782f0b88efbdccc5589ed9.jpg

80f14eb2585467025866933b28d983a9.jpg

Bad Drone

I have the small semi-hard (Don't laugh) pack from Amazon and just need something a bit tougher when I want to throw the Mavic in the bed of the truck or 4 wheeler . I am looking at this one that has foam you cut yourself . I've seen a few people that made some nice layouts with this one . It seems pretty good for $39 .
Amazon.com: DRONESAFE Rugged Mini Drone Carry Case Organizer With Customizable Foam – Protect DJI Mavic Pro Foldable Drone Combo and Accessories Such as Remote Control , Extra Batteries , Propellers and More: Toys & Games

Attachments

• 16996096_10212673692704060_1323809629641228805_n.jpg
    16996096_10212673692704060_1323809629641228805_n.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 85
  • 16939117_10212673692744061_9181346381176969559_n.jpg
    16939117_10212673692744061_9181346381176969559_n.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 82
Reactions: Bunny Too
I like the Nanuk 910. Someone asked what the preference between that and the pelican brand. There is no doubt pelican makes a great case to store anything but to me nothing, when I was looking I had no experience with either and got the Nanuk because it was "cheaper" off of amazon.

Other cases that offer some alternate possibilities.

If you already have that ebay/Amazon soft case like I do then a small hard case for a standard RC transmitter will work great . You can pull the custom insert out of the soft case and it fits right inside a transmitter case with about 2" left along the lenght that can be used for misc items . I'm also thinking about the ProTec RC case for this. The name is generic enough that it still looks professional with the Mavic inside .
ProTek RC Universal Radio Case (No Insert) [PTK-8160] | Cars & Trucks

Another budget hard case that is Mavic specific and pretty cool and $34 is the one from HeliStar ,
Online FPV and RC store - Protective Waterproof Hard Case For DJI Mavic Pro

Last edited:
You I watch my coins like the next guy,but I'm having a hard time finding the logic behind going the "cheaper" route with a case.

Please don't take this as a insult to anyone who bought for the price. Just trying to understand why some people choose a lesser quality here when the top of the line product is a tenth the price of the cargo.

Reactions: alexanderguelph
I wanted a hard case that was small enough to drop into in a backpack and compact enough that I could take everything I needed for a flight without worrying about chargers or other bits etc which I only use at home and which don't really need the same amount of protection anyway.

This was about the only one I fit that fitted all of those criteria, Carrying Case For DJI Mavic Pro Copter, Small And Light Premium Outdoor Case Hard Case With Hardfoam Inlay: Amazon.co.uk: Luggage

It's solid, not too heavy, and still pretty small.

You I watch my coins like the next guy,but I'm having a hard time finding the logic behind going the "cheaper" route with a case.

Please don't take this as a insult to anyone who bought for the price. Just trying to understand why some people choose a lesser quality here when the top of the line product is a tenth the price of the cargo.

The cheaper cases are more than ok for throwing around here and there . I may buy a $100 + case if traveled by air often where other people would be throwing it around .

Also keep in mind old empty power tool cases fit the Mavic very well . I have a few old Dewalt drill cases that it fits into and you can pick those up for next to nothing .

Reactions: Rbruz
The cheaper cases are more than ok for throwing around here and there . I may buy a $100 + case if traveled by air often where other people would be throwing it around .
I agree. I am not a penny pincher at all. But looking at the two cases one was double the price of the other at that time,and I did not feel I was going to get double the protection in my case!

Reactions: Rbruz
Glad I saw this thread! I absolutely love the size and portability of my Mavic but I'm looking at a bigger case for it and my SLR to strap to the back of my motorcycle. I currently have two soft waterproof saddle bags. It may be paranoia, but I am terrified at the thought of crushing the camera equipment under my bike should the unthinkable happen and I drop it. I've got my eye on this right now but the price is dissuasive...

98291476fc1c0d9511438485e8d46cd7.jpg

c78fd9a4273db44d1cb408d499b0ef53.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Going around in circles on this and hoping someone can help out. It looks like the Nanuk 920 would work for me but I see a slot towards the front of the case. Would an iPad mini fit in this slot? Is there any space in the other cut outs for an extra set of props? Also wondering if anyone has gotten the 902 with the pluck cubes and customized there own 920?

Thanks

Andrew

Going around in circles on this and hoping someone can help out. It looks like the Nanuk 920 would work for me but I see a slot towards the front of the case. Would an iPad mini fit in this slot? Is there any space in the other cut outs for an extra set of props? Also wondering if anyone has gotten the 902 with the pluck cubes and customized there own 920?

Thanks

Andrew
No, an iPad mini will not fit in that slot. It is a great case though.

Sent from my SM-G930V using MavicPilots mobile app

IMG_5303.JPG

Thanks

Andrew
I was told that it is for phone only. I pad will not fit.

Here is what I did. At the suggestion of another forum member I bought the case from Sam's Club with pick and pluck and did my own so that I could put my mini in it.

Thanks

Andrew

As noted, a mini will not fit. I bought the case from Sam's Club $20 and did my own so that my mini would fit.

Reactions: Rbruz and bAiLeY5
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming