DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

A state park I shot (Sony ax53 in the park) and the Mavic 2 Pro at the end...

MavicFlyer2

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Mid-February 2024...I decided to do a video out at Lake Maria State park. The park is near Monticello Minnesota and has hiking, camping, fishing, horseback trails and cross country skiing. Mostly I just went out to capture the primitive camper cabins (3) you can stay in but ended up showing a bit more of the park than originally planned. Enjoy….. !

Mid-February 2024...I decided to do a video out at Lake Maria State park. The park is near Monticello Minnesota and has hiking, camping, fishing, horseback trails and cross country skiing. Mostly I just went out to capture the primitive camper cabins (3) you can stay in but ended up showing a bit more of the park than originally planned. Enjoy….. !

All the scenes could be improved by using your video editor's stabilization feature.

I suppose it was shot on a cloudy day, but still, the colors look off. For example:

• In the first scene, there's too much red.
  • In the second and third scenes, the tint tends towards green (you can even see the road asphalt looking greenish).
  • The skies are completely blown out, although I'm not sure if they looked like that when you filmed them.
  • At 0:23, there's too much red in the shadows.
  • ... and so on throughout the entire video.

On the other hand, all the outdoor scenes would greatly benefit from increasing the level of color and saturation a bit.

On a more subjective note, I would try to capture different types of shots instead of just showing us what's around you. Here's an example from a video in a similar environment to illustrate what I mean:

I hope these comments, far from discouraging you, help you improve your future videos.
Best regards!

All the scenes could be improved by using your video editor's stabilization feature.

I suppose it was shot on a cloudy day, but still, the colors look off. For example:

• In the first scene, there's too much red.
  • In the second and third scenes, the tint tends towards green (you can even see the road asphalt looking greenish).
  • The skies are completely blown out, although I'm not sure if they looked like that when you filmed them.
  • At 0:23, there's too much red in the shadows.
  • ... and so on throughout the entire video.

On the other hand, all the outdoor scenes would greatly benefit from increasing the level of color and saturation a bit.

On a more subjective note, I would try to capture different types of shots instead of just showing us what's around you. Here's an example from a video in a similar environment to illustrate what I mean:

I hope these comments, far from discouraging you, help you improve your future videos.
Best regards!
Thank you for the input I appreciate it...it was cloudy (dark) then it would lighten up then by the time I was done it became just partly cloudy with some sun. Add into it shooting through the windshield of the car...uugghhh...which has a tint of it own.
Turned it into a bit of a challenge for sure.

Reactions: DiscoverSpain
The video was enjoyable. I cannot add anything that hasn't been said that could help you.

Reactions: sarahb
The video was enjoyable. I cannot add anything that hasn't been said that could help you.
No worries...thank you for adding your comment also !

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
themirac