DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

A2Z Drone Delivery expands commercial delivery drone fleet.

i kinda dont want that beast of a thing landing in my backyard.....
I’ll admit, I didn’t thoroughly read through the article but I think I seen something about them “dropping” deliveries into your yard, so they’re actually not landing. But hey, let’s all hope little Timmy isn’t out in the back yard when that package drops right ?

• Haha
Reactions: The Droning Company
I’ll admit, I didn’t thoroughly read through the article but I think I seen something about them “dropping” deliveries into your yard, so they’re actually not landing. But hey, let’s all hope little Timmy isn’t out in the back yard when that package drops right ?
Reply to myself. I stand corrected, the drone will “lower” delivery into the yard not drop it.
Still, without VLOS, let’s hope nothing is lowered into a swimming pool.

• Haha
Reply to myself. I stand corrected, the drone will “lower” delivery into the yard not drop it.
Still, without VLOS, let’s hope nothing is lowered into a swimming pool.

Why would VLOS be necessary to avoid such a calamity? The drone has a camera...

The systems are semi-autonomous. The operational model is one pilot monitoring several drones, getting actively involved as necessary. I suspect part of that is approving the drop spot when the drone is ready, and if necessary intervene and control the operation as needed.

As I've learned in another thread, the very idea of large-scale drone deliveries is delusional, so what the heck am I talking about? 🤣🤣🤣

Why would VLOS be necessary to avoid such a calamity? The drone has a camera...

The systems are semi-autonomous. The operational model is one pilot monitoring several drones, getting actively involved as necessary. I suspect part of that is approving the drop spot when the drone is ready, and if necessary intervene and control the operation as needed.

As I've learned in another thread, the very idea of large-scale drone deliveries is delusional, so what the heck am I talking about? 🤣🤣🤣
My / our drones have cameras too and I / we are “required “ to maintain VLOS.

My / our drones have cameras too and I / we are “required “ to maintain VLOS.
We aren't doing commercial deliveries with drones that are far more complex and capable than ours.

The FAA in partnership with industry is developing the system and rules to support this.

Have you heard of RID? One such necessary component. It provides the real-time data for local airspace awareness necessary for autonomous collision avoidance.

Does your drone do that?

It's a fools errand to apply toy drone recreational rules to the $30,000+ aircraft we're talking about here.

VLOS requirements will be excepted for these applications, however with extensive requirements for drone capability and operational systems with pilots monitoring and responsible for multiple aircraft flying semi-autonomously.

A fully deployed, fully functional system is years off. The concept is being tested now, deficiencies being discovered and addressed.

We aren't doing commercial deliveries with drones that are far more complex and capable than ours.

The FAA in partnership with industry is developing the system and rules to support this.

Have you heard of RID? One such necessary component. It provides the real-time data for local airspace awareness necessary for autonomous collision avoidance.

Does your drone do that?

It's a fools errand to apply toy drone recreational rules to the $30,000+ aircraft we're talking about here.

VLOS requirements will be excepted for these applications, however with extensive requirements for drone capability and operational systems with pilots monitoring and responsible for multiple aircraft flying semi-autonomously.

A fully deployed, fully functional system is years off. The concept is being tested now, deficiencies being discovered and addressed.
..... and the biggest stumbling block (or deficiency) is?..... Having to share all that lovely sub-400 foot airspace with all those pesky recreational drone fliers. Wonder who's going to get their marching orders?

Does your drone do that?

Yes I’ve heard of RID, as have ALL the other flyers on this site. My opinion,…RID is being brought into existence BECAUSE of future use of large scale drone delivery services ( private and mainstream ) in an an effort to take over the airways for themselves and get us recreational and small business flyers out of their way.
And personally, I don’t consider my DJI drones “toys”. I’m sure others here don’t either

And personally, I don’t consider my DJI drones “toys”. I’m sure others here don’t either

Totally reasonable.

Can you accept others do, without getting your nose out of joint?

I can accept others might think all drones are toys. I would also think that members, on this site especially, would know, that we know the difference.
All drones are not toys. Some are.

You and others may differ in that regard w.r.t. any particular model. Apparently you can't accept that.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1