DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Acceptable wind - erm for the mini!

Pretty sure the Mini will land where it is when you press RTH if you are not more than 20 meters away from the Mini....

See page 13 of manual.... “If the aircraft is less than 20 m from the Home Point when the RTH procedure begins, it lands immediately”

Well I got out this evening and got it launched. Practiced some figure 8 stuff, not as easy as some make it look. I pressed RTH on the screen and it said it was going to land where it was (caution) - is that right or am I doing something wrong? Overall though - loved it, and thanks for everyone's help. Keep Safe but have a bit of fun haha.

You need to be at least 20metres from take off point for RTH to kick in.

That within 20m behaviour needs to be experienced at least once in a safe place, I almost lost my P3 because of it, instant panic lol. In fact I'd suggest triggering each of the RTH's in a safe place so that they don't catch you out out in the real world

Reactions: Lurch003
Of course, I quite agree. If your a newbie, and you want to try these things out, take small steps. 20 metres, is a big step (for some). Still, I guess you need to set a marker somewhere. Maybe just make it clear and obvious somewhere.

Reactions: Deep Blue Witch
Well I got out this evening and got it launched. Practiced some figure 8 stuff, not as easy as some make it look. I pressed RTH on the screen and it said it was going to land where it was (caution) - is that right or am I doing something wrong? Overall though - loved it, and thanks for everyone's help. Keep Safe but have a bit of fun haha.
... AND yes you are doing something wrong if you're flying without reading the manual completely. ;)

If you check the manual you will see that if the aircraft is less than 20 m from the home point when the RTH procedure begins it will land immediately.

I never fly in winds over 17 mph. I was at a large field today while winds were 12 mph and gusts up to 20. I kept the mini below 40' and it did move around a bit but I was happy with the way it flew under these conditions. Maybe it is my imagianation but the drone sure sounds different when it is windy.

Rules were made to be broken.
As long as you are flying into the wind, disregard strong wind warnings and high altitude willy willies.
Your little box of wires will come home and nest in front of you if it is not happy.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aisya