DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Access Flight Data after firmaware up data to v01.03.1000

Hi everyone,
I managed to access data selecting "Data Upload" instead of "Flight Data" in dji Assistant 2 latest release.
Let me know if it's working to you too.
Hi, I've been offline. I downgraded to 0.700 so I'm depending on others to know how this works with the new DJI Assistant and FW .1000. From your description it sounds like the Assistant is providing this capability under the "Data Upload" tab which is the same as the "Flight Record" tab in Assistant versions prior 1.0.8. Could you look at the first section of
How to retrieve a .DAT
to see if this is the case.

It also sounds like you get a file with a name something like
DJI_ASSISTANT_EXPORT_FILE[2016-10-27 22-40-28].DAT
which is a compressed file containing one or more FLYXXX.DATs. And, that ExtractDJI can be used to extract those .DATs.

Reactions: Dronion
But you said in post #31 that you did manage to extract the DAT file.
Yes sar104, but only via the Data Upload function (saved it to local). However, you can't see any data in Data Viewer, only headings. I haven't tried DatCon or CsvView like BudWlaker recommends yet; I'm going to give that a go at somepoint. It is comforting to know that I can get at the data if I need to though.

Yes sar104, but only via the Data Upload function (saved it to local). However, you can't see any data in Data Viewer, only headings. I haven't tried DatCon or CsvView like BudWlaker recommends yet; I'm going to give that a go at somepoint. It is comforting to know that I can get at the data if I need to though.

If it's a real DAT file you won't see anything without first converting it - you never could, however it was uploaded. The point is (obviously) that it these are accessible via data upload then that's good enough - the problem is, essentially, fixed.

Reactions: Hans75 and Dronion
Doesn't work for me. All methods worked fine prior to .100 upgrade. Since then i cant get any to work. No SD card appears at all no matter whether i select flight datam data upload or anything else.
Other functions like firmware, calibration etc all work perfectly but i just cant see any SD card via any menu item. Used to work perfectly. Tried it on 3 windows PCs with DJI Assistant 1.1.6 with the same issue.

Doesn't work for me. All methods worked fine prior to .100 upgrade. Since then i cant get any to work. No SD card appears at all no matter whether i select flight datam data upload or anything else.
Other functions like firmware, calibration etc all work perfectly but i just cant see any SD card via any menu item. Used to work perfectly. Tried it on 3 windows PCs with DJI Assistant 1.1.6 with the same issue.
I'm not sure what FW you're on but if it's currently 1.03.1000 then use this method. The SD card isn't mounted as a drive on the PC. Look at step 4 to see how it's done instead.

Its .100. same issue
Click on data upload, get the spinning wheel, nothing else shows. Come back an hour later, still a spinning wheel and no logs showing.

Its .100. same issue
Click on data upload, get the spinning wheel, nothing else shows. Come back an hour later, still a spinning wheel and no logs showing.
Did you try to use version 1.1.6 of dji assistant 2?

Reactions: Kilrah
This is 1.1.6 (latest) ive tried.

Do the other functions of dji assistant work properly? Maybe there are some communication issues with AC. I would try to reinstall dji assistant from scratch

Everything else is fine, firmware updates, sensor calibration and so on. I just cant see an SD card to copy images off (without running assistant) and trying data upload never actually does anything. Replicated on 3 x win 10 creators edition computers all allowing unsigned driver installation.

Could it be that the drone needs to be updated to at least a certain firmware version for it to work with this new version of Assistant?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman