DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Activating DJI Care before or after I get my Mavic?

west1200us

Reactions
Quick question for everyone.

My Mavic is on the way and the shop sent me the Mavic Care information for me to activate it. Should I wait to activate it til I have the Mavic in hand or would you recommend just doing it now (will I get the extra couple of days of insurance if I wait, or is it just from purchase/ship date)

Thanks in advance.

I ordered it through a Hobby shop in Cali 2 days ago, they shipped it yesterday and it will arrive Tomorrow so its not a huge deal either way, I was just curious.

Thank you for the info :)

You need the Mavic in hand to get the S/N off the unit, which you'll need to activate your DJI care. Then make sure you activate it within 48 hrs of when you activate your mavic, or else the online DJI care registration won't let you activate the DJI care.

I have the mavic in hand , purchased from Dji store in Chesapeake va today and I paid for the refresh at the same time. They scribbled a refresh cod on a sticky note and said to register it at home within 48 hours.

The refresh registration won't accept the mavic s/n it says s/n not in use. Or something similar. Chatted with dji online and they instructed me to send s/n to Dji support email which I did. Waiting on instructions.

Any work arounds?

Reactions: west1200us
I have the mavic in hand , purchased from Dji store in Chesapeake va today and I paid for the refresh at the same time. They scribbled a refresh cod on a sticky note and said to register it at home within 48 hours.

The refresh registration won't accept the mavic s/n it says s/n not in use. Or something similar. Chatted with dji online and they instructed me to send s/n to Dji support email which I did. Waiting on instructions.

Any work arounds?
Silly question, but have you activated your mavic?

Sent from my LG-H812 using MavicPilots mobile app

As in turn it on ? Yes, and I have flown two short times.

The store said it would register itself... but I have seen no evidence of this.

If you have operated your Mavic with your smart phone attached to the controller, then I think it should have registered itself. Might be worth calling the store where you purchased it from and either verifying the code, or request a new one. There's a chance that the code got copied down wrong. The DJI care support e-mail may take a couple days to get back to you (it did for me). They did manage to help me with my issue (late in registering my dji care). I would call the retailer while you wait for DJI's response.

Customer service emails back and it finally worked ! The S/N took a while to update as being in use I guess. Note that the refresh code is case sensitive.

Reactions: warden082
Thanks for all the info everyone....Im sitting at work watching the tracking number waiting for it to be delivered. Cant wait to get off work! I will make sure to register it tonight!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom