DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Active track & recording on or off?

brittex

Reactions
I'm a new pilot it only about 7 or 8 flights total. I need help with knowing if I'm recording or not. Once you get going active track, and select your target you hit go. That's clear. You didn't have to hit record?

Or, is it automatically turned on? Any help in this area would be appreciated. I flown a couple times now and got back home and found that I had not recorded the flight. I know this is a beginner question.

I'm a new pilot it only about 7 or 8 flights total. I need help with knowing if I'm recording or not. Once you get going active track, and select your target you hit go. That's clear. You didn't have to hit record?

Or, is it automatically turned on? Any help in this area would be appreciated. I flown a couple times now and got back home and found that I had not recorded the flight. I know this is a beginner question.
Howdy from Wyoming @brittex , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here. I believe you must hit record as well.

Howdy from Wyoming @brittex , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here. I believe you must hit record as well.
If one is in Active Track and then takes over manually, does it cancel the recording?

Thus, one hits "go" to being the flight path only, and then one must hit record (I know it sound basic, however, for a new pilot, it is not clear). Also, how does one end an active track recording as when in a circle it will continue to circle. What is the correct way to end it please? Thank you.

If one is in Active Track and then takes over manually, does it cancel the recording?
pretty sure it keeps recording until you stop it, for a perfect circle recording you would most likely have to edit in post production.

Thank you. I may have hit return to home or the "panic" button during flight - and could have that cancelled the recording? I will continue to use it and be careful to observe the recording button. I also think there is a timer showing the length of the recording. It is a lot for a new pilot! Thanks.

Both are completely independent. The Mavic only records when you press record and only stops when it is pressed again. Active Track starts when you hit go and only stops when it is turned off. Neither have any control over the other.

Reactions: BD0G
Welcome to Mavicpilots.com. If you ever need advice or repair questions, feel free to reach out to the forum.

Best regards and good luck,

Rob

Thank you. I may have hit return to home or the "panic" button during flight - and could have that cancelled the recording? I will continue to use it and be careful to observe the recording button. I also think there is a timer showing the length of the recording. It is a lot for a new pilot! Thanks.
There's a lot of buttons on the controller that are easy to hit for a new pilot. I was pushing the back buttons just picking the thing up. The button you push to begin recording will tell you if you're still recording.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunatico028